Comrades 2013

For all Comrades, south Africa 2013 runners & those wanting to know more

241 to 260 of 1,659 messages
31/08/2012 at 18:28

Come on Fido, you know you want too!! I am going for number 5 this year ... I am on the green number treadmill

31/08/2012 at 19:46

Good to see the entry fever has started. I am the same as Fido, have no inclination to go back this year. It feels totally different to last year when i knew i just had to go and get my b2b. I now need to find something to get me energised again.

Having said that though, am doing amsterdam mara in october and then back to disney in january for some fun running with the duck and the mouse!! Plan to keep reading this forum so will pop in from time to time. And may see a few of you at a few maras along the way.

And to all newbies, it will be just the best journey ever.

31/08/2012 at 20:46

What Marty said. Have plans for lots of fun maras next year ...

02/09/2012 at 11:46

Righto runners, I have just signed up for the 2013 Comrades, commiting to the B2B. I am going to celebrate by a trail run on the Pennine Way in training for the Chester Marathon Qualifier.

02/09/2012 at 11:55

I just entered too .. going for number 5!  Next Marathon is the Portsmouth Coastal Waterside Marathon, just before Christmas.  Options are limited to when I am back home.

02/09/2012 at 12:01
Excellent Peter, hope to meet more of the forum members next year. And give SD more cr&p now that I have finished one.
02/09/2012 at 13:45
Im in. No btb but will make the pair as did down in 2010
02/09/2012 at 17:29

Hi All. I am in. Comrades number 1 for me and looking forward to the challenge. Flights are booked as well so all set for next year.

Berlin marathon in four weeks as a qualifier. Get in!

02/09/2012 at 19:25
Can't do next year so will have to wait until 2015 to get my up medal
Mind you was thinking of entering in the vain hope they'll change my schedule......
02/09/2012 at 20:14

I'm in as well, my first go at this.  Yikes. 

02/09/2012 at 20:20
I'm in too - oops!
02/09/2012 at 22:27

Even though benched for the best part of 5 months I couldn't resist entering anyway.

03/09/2012 at 00:07

Hi there!

I'm in!  I'm in! 

I trained for this back in 2010 (i think - it was the year of the world cup?) only to be diagnosed with chronic anaemia 2 days before i was due to fly to SA, the doctors said i could fly but warned if I ran the race the consequences would be severe.  So i flew to Durban, I stayed in the hotel right by the expo, i watched all the runners leave excited and return exhausted - all on my birthday.  It was awful! 

So I have to face my nemesis!  I cant wait!  And this year I will be choc full of iron!  although currently im on the bench with shin splints...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

03/09/2012 at 09:48

I'm also in....after sittng by PC most of Saturday until they got the entries sorted.

Also booked flight and hotel......my qualifier was Boddington in June so now all I have to do is train my backside off to make sure I am there in Durban, ready to run and not watch like Katie - how awful for you - on 2nd June 2013.

Am booked into another 5 maras for this year, ending in Portsmouth but beauty of all that now is that they are all 'just' training runs.

Was very VERY excited on Saturday but woke up early hours Sunday and then broke out into a sweat just thinking about the enormity of it all...ARRRRGGGGHHH !!! 

But exciting................how awesomly exciting.

03/09/2012 at 12:23

IN - Looking forward to sharing tips and tales in the coming months (wide eyed excitement) ....

03/09/2012 at 12:47

Does anyone have any tips on safe, family friendly accomodation in Durban, i.e. wife and 2 year old. Seem to remember a few people did the run in 2012 with family in tow ?

Hilton seems good but expensive !

03/09/2012 at 13:27

The Hilton is the ideal one, but yes, its expensive - although the food you get there is so immense you definately don't need to eat out!  There are lots of other hotels along the waterfront - I stayed in the in the garden court hotel when i went with me parents when I was younger.  Much more affordable but definately not as wow.

I suppose it depends how long you stay for though.  But safety in Durban, particularly with young children, is what you need to think about.

03/09/2012 at 19:41

Hi All, I entered on Sat night and paid using a UK credit card. I had en email confirming  payment but nothing confirming entry. Any one else not had a race confirmation as well?

03/09/2012 at 19:53

Nothing for me and money not gone but not concerned. Confirmation a payment says Im in as far as Im concerned

03/09/2012 at 20:28

their facebook says not to worry - confirmation takes about 2 days (apparently)

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.