Comrades 2013

For all Comrades, south Africa 2013 runners & those wanting to know more

421 to 440 of 1,659 messages
15/10/2012 at 10:43

The 'Confirm Entry' function of thr Comrades site is now enabled on the website:

http://www.comrades.com/Entries/Confirm-Entry.aspx

For any novice runners, this let's you see your race number and is an official confirmation of the qualification status.

However, putting in my data, I'm not coming up as registered so far.  I'll give it a few weeks before emailing to Comrades though as things like that don't happen instantly

15/10/2012 at 11:11

Cheers Bike It, I will give it a go and see how we do with 'Africa Time'.

15/10/2012 at 19:17

Thanks Bike It - I think there's still a long way to go - counted 117 males and 31 females as registered - well short of 9961!

Had a nice run in Liverpool yesterday in 3:53 - quite happy with that as I was @rseing around during September and I don't start my proper training until the New Year...

16/10/2012 at 20:50

I'm not showing up either. Will give it a week before making enquiries i think!

17/10/2012 at 08:36

Good luck to all those doing Abingdon (Bike It, Possum Hopper, Warren that I know of).

A sharp hill session last night with my club gave me a taster of things to come (but that is for another day ).

Easing down till Sunday .....

17/10/2012 at 09:41

Nice run SD- Cant believe your coment about September, its not like you have done nothing in the summer.

Could do with some advise. I always new I was going back next  year so in a way have been training all year. Set a target of at least a 20 each month this year. (has lead to 3 marathons and 3 ultras) so now where do I go.? Believe I am good for bronze but a BR feels to much. My marathon PB is 3.48 I have a place in London (its only taken 7 attempt through the ballet) so currently thinking that training for a 3.40 in London, Is it wise to try training for 2 targets. Would gice me C but thats maybe a 1min gain on the day so thats not the issue but would hopefully make the pace seem easier and endurance better

Thanks

17/10/2012 at 09:41

Thanks Stevan. Good luck to you too as well as the rest of the thread who will be there. From memory Douglas and Fido also said they would be there.

I'm showing as confirmed on the Comrades website. Now just the small matter of training and not getting injured just before the race!

17/10/2012 at 12:17

Thanks Stevan........am looking forward to Abo which doesn't bode well.....best to be abit scared really...HA !!   

18/10/2012 at 21:43
Good luck for Abingdon folks.

Bham Half for me but as my legs are still a bit shredded from Berlin it'll be more jog than race methinks.
19/10/2012 at 22:34

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend.

Martin - why not go to www.alsoranrunners.info and have a go at Don's Bill Rowan programme?  This year I concentrated on my Comrades training only but as a side effect ended up running my 3 fastest marathon without specific marathon training...

...I really was @rseing in September - it was my first sub 100 mile month since June/July 2011...

20/10/2012 at 13:03
Other than Warren, anyone else had their entry confirmed?
20/10/2012 at 21:15

Nope... It's appeared on my credit card bill though...

21/10/2012 at 20:36

Nice to see Douglas today and have a good chinwag. From what he said he should have been napping by the side of the road, I'm surprised he stayed upright! Think the others were all waaaaay ahead of us. I came in at just over 4:30 (like SD, I hope that yer actual training can knock half an hour or a wee bitty more off that, as I too have done sweet FA all summer. Seriously, longest run, 18 miles... I suspect no week of 40 miles or more, though the Garmin data from the summer is only just now being uploaded so not sure

How did the faster peeps do?

21/10/2012 at 21:52

Good evening and hello I'm thinking of going back for another stab at the up run.  It's looking like a lot of the most convenient hotels are sold out and the Hilton is down to the £150 a night rooms.  There are a couple of hotels down by the harbour but the reviews are not great.  Any thoughts?

21/10/2012 at 22:15

We stayed in the Blue Waters last year, booked later than this for sure. It was a pretty easy walk (even post down run!) and my wife found the area safe when she was on her own while I was racing. R950 or so for a double and I think our friend paid R750 for a single. Nice hotel, good breakfast, full of runners, great sea views and staying there helped in the process of persuading my wife the trip was a good idea.

21/10/2012 at 22:23

Thanks 57.5 I'll take a look. 

21/10/2012 at 22:26

Hello again JB - City Lodge still has rooms at around R1150 for a double...

21/10/2012 at 22:40

Hello SD I'll have another look at City Lodge but when I looked yesterday it was sold out.

21/10/2012 at 22:46
2.55 for me today at abingdon. To be expected after being sick all week and still not over it on race day and also having done not much training over summer. Strange race mentally. I bit of a case of CNBA so only really put my game together at 23 miles for a decent finish to the race.

Well done fido and hope all others racing had a good day. Weather was pretty ideal.

Really going to try and take this stuff seriously now with regular core work, strength work and stretching. Hopefully that will be enough to give me my first injury/illness free start to a comrades race.
21/10/2012 at 23:59

Well done Warren.

SD, tried to book at City Lodge but the payment kept being denied.  It shouldn't so I'll ring the card company tomorrow and see if they blocked it for any reason.  Could be the website.  There appeared to be rooms though.  Good night all.

Edited: 22/10/2012 at 00:11
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.