Dukeries Ultra 18 May 2013

30 or 40 miles around Sherwood Forest

1 to 20 of 29 messages
26/01/2013 at 14:56
Just wanted to let you know entries are open for this year's race. We have a new race HQ that will have some changing/showering facilities. Slightly amended routes due to the new start/finish which includes a more interesting run through Sherwood Forest. www.DukeriesEvents.co.uk Anyone who would like to know more either ask on here or send an email direct. Roger
26/01/2013 at 15:23

Will be doing the 40 again , after finishing with a bad knee last year Ive got a score to settle,have already been training on the route,

Edited: 26/01/2013 at 15:26
26/01/2013 at 22:12

I cam away with a very favourable impression of this event. 

Certainly might talk myself into doing it again. 

26/01/2013 at 22:17

I'll be back looking to go faster!

07/04/2013 at 22:39

In on the 40. Managed 62 miles this week & i'm still just about in one peice. My first ultra event & hopefully it will not put me off. 

08/04/2013 at 14:32

Good weeks running that Rosko, see you there!

08/04/2013 at 19:24

Thinking about having another go. 

It is a bit close to the Manchester Marathon, bu I would likely be OK. 

14/04/2013 at 21:19

Are there any rules for this event regarding drop bags & outside help like pacers?

14/04/2013 at 21:25

Ben Davies - It's earier this year so much less likely to be quite so SCORCHIO, hopefuly see you there.

15/04/2013 at 23:46

We will see. 

It is just two weeks before Hardmoors, so I have a tough decision to make. 

16/04/2013 at 16:08

will there be route markings this year? i seem to remember some last year but did it mainly on the instructions

Loz
24/04/2013 at 14:47
Hi just entered but now panicking as the date is different on here to the entry form. Is it the 11th or 18th?
25/04/2013 at 12:12
Sorry not been on here for a while due to moving house.

Having a read down the posts above I can provide a few amswers.

The Robin Hood Way markers are still there, and you will have a map to print out plus route description. Where the route diverges in Sherwood Forest we have been given permission to put up our own route markers for the day.

This year there won't be any drop bags. We don't mind you having a friend running with you for part of the course, but draw the line at piggybacks, tandems or borrowing of bus fare ;o)

The date of the race is 11th May. I think this thread was started before we had to change it because of a clash at the Sports club. Does anyone know how to change a thread title?

And finally the weather! One of the most memorable features of last years race was the heat. Personally i'm hoping it stays like it is today.

And a final finally if you have any friends, family or club mates who could help out with marshaling on the day please ask them to get intouch info@dukeriesevents.co.uk Thanks

Roger and Maria
05/05/2013 at 11:02

Hi everyone

This is Roger from the Dukeries Ultra. We are in the final stages of getting everything organised and have been let down by two groups who where supposed to be manning aid stations for us.

As I'm sure you all appreciate, the volunteers on aid stations are probably the most important people at a race. Due to the people who have let us down, we are now not going to be able to give timing splits as we feel looking after the runners is more important.

One aid station currently remains uncovered. This would be the A614 near the Clumber Park Hotel. We need 2 or 3 volunteers to be there between 11:45 and 16:30 next Saturday afternoon. You would get the usual packed lunch, t-shirt and a free entry to next years race all for being out in Sherwood Forest passing water and Jelly Babies to tired runners.

If you can help please get in touch either on here or email info@dukeriesevents.co.uk

Thanks

Roger & Maria

05/05/2013 at 19:38

Roger, if you post the message above on your facebook page, then I'll share it, as I'm sure others will, may be able to drum up a bit of checkpoint support

06/05/2013 at 20:23

Thanks Ian

It's been on the Dukeries Ultra facebook page a couple of times and on my personal one as well.

But please share as much as you can )

Roger

07/05/2013 at 10:20

Roger are you still after helpers, I'll ask around at my club session tonight, a few were interested in running so the free entry to next year will most likley pursuade them.

Hoping it cools down a little for the weekend!!

07/05/2013 at 11:56

Thanks John, that would be great

Another 2 or 3 wouldn't go amiss

08/05/2013 at 06:47

42 emails to 30 mile runners and 69 emails to 40 mile runners all sent out

If you haven't received anything, please check your spam filter first then contact us on info@dukeriesevents.co.uk. Thanks

08/05/2013 at 19:41

Amended 40 mile route description just been sent out. Now has the out and back section by the Scout Camp

1 to 20 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.