Fell Running

2,181 to 2,200 of 2,278 messages
eM.milou    pirate
17/10/2006 at 14:37
anyone doing Withens skyline this sunday?

Also doing a recce of the tour of Pendle next sunday (29th) if anyone fancies?
17/10/2006 at 16:03
Blimey, this thread hasn't seen much action recently. Was going to have another go at Rhinog Horseshoe this weekend but think I'm going to stay local.

I am now a fully paid up member of the FRA.
eM.milou    pirate
19/10/2006 at 10:27
anyone done this?
3 peaks]
giving it a go in April - anyone else doing it?
19/10/2006 at 12:12
Might give the 3 peaks another go next year. Had to pull out this year as feet were blistering and didn't want to wreck them for a key race a couple of weeks after.
19/10/2006 at 12:24
Hi just had a look at this race looks fab i will try for next year.
eM.milou    pirate
20/10/2006 at 11:09
sorry you had to pull out Matt - better luck this year.

Hillrunner - maybe see you there?
Bit early yet however, will arrange a recce nearer the time if you fancy?
20/10/2006 at 11:12
Cheers i had a bad two breweries this year and told my wife and pals it was my last hill race old injury was hell.But i cant give it up its in my blood now plus this race looks great.
eM.milou    pirate
20/10/2006 at 11:55
ha ha - know what you mean I was ALMOST talked into a flatish road mara but this is SO much more appealing. I'll keep you informed of any recce's
RJK
24/12/2006 at 01:13
BUMP!

Time this thread got resurected.

Anyone doing any fell running over the holidays?
24/12/2006 at 15:59
Xerxes - don't forget Shining Cliffs on 7 Jan http://www.runningwithdavid.com/4898/4925.html

Unfortunately I can't do it as I'll be in the Lake District, trying to get rid of some demons (a long story involving the Saunders Mountain Marathon, black Sail Pass, a busted ankle and the Wasdale Head Inn).

27/12/2006 at 09:13
Oh yikes Lizzy, I'm just about to head up to the Lakes for a couple of days' running/walking. The last thing I want to be reading about now is 'busted ankles' :-/

Hoping to do Shining Cliffs and Cannock Chase Trig Point all being well.

Anyone planning on doing the infamous Long Mynd Valleys???
27/12/2006 at 11:49
Hiya

Im doing Long Mynd valleys, (must be mad) did it a couple of years ago and boy was it hard!!! and it was my first fell race!

Cant believe im going back for more!
eM.milou    pirate
29/12/2006 at 16:29
Anyone doing the Auld lang syne on sunday?

Winter Hill in Feb next long (ish!) one for me!

FRA forum has been down for a while anyone know why?
XB
31/12/2006 at 08:49
Hi Emmi

I'm glad it's not just me or my computer. No idea why it's down though.

I'm going to do the race today - my wife suggests that waders might be more use than my trail shoes. See you there.
31/12/2006 at 08:50
No, I don't know Emmilou. Sure have missed it too, they're a friendly bunch on there. It's been weeks hasn't it? Did you do Auld Lang Syne?

Glad to say I survived the Lakes trip with no busted ankles (though I did fall over twice, the second time was most welcome, a nice soft landing in comfy squishy mud just when I was on my last legs). We went round most of the Kentmere Horseshoe - twas very snowy and icy up there :-)
31/12/2006 at 16:11
I'm starting next year with The Cyrn-y-Brain Hangover Hobble Fell Race, Monday 1st Jan 2007 12pm start

details can be found here

Should be fun, ran up Foel Fenlii this morning and got blown off my feet.

eM.milou    pirate
31/12/2006 at 18:29
Didn't do the race - long story but ran with the club on a new years fell run - really enjoyed it though and whiskey, haggis and stollen at the top of a hill was bliss!!

XB - how did you do?
I'm only doing 2 of the 4 trail races I think as they clash with a couple of AR's I want to do but no doubt will see you in 07 at some point!!

Have a good one everybody, hope you stay injury free and enjoy all your races and with any luck when FRA is up and running will see you over there!!
01/01/2007 at 15:35
Happy New Year One and All.

Completed The Cyrn-y-Brain Hangover Hobble Fell Race today and great fun it was to.

Onwards and upwards (and then downwards, the fun bit)
02/01/2007 at 10:19
Hi guys - glad to see this favourite thread is still limping along.... have been out of the UK for most of the past month so running has been a thing of the past, now need to get out and loose those Xmas pounds that have crept on!

Hoping to do some of the Welsh races again this year, and after a great week-end in the OMM want to get some more mountain marathons in 2007.

Anyone know where the FRA forum has gone - won't be able to cope without it!!

Good running for all in 2007
eM.milou    pirate
02/01/2007 at 10:35
NO No idea - I'm struggling to cope too!!
Hopefully it will be back soon?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.