Grimsthorpe 70

ultra marathon

181 to 200 of 200 messages
14/08/2011 at 10:40

Great event and the furthest i have run. A big thanks to the massage guys you kept me going. Great organisation, i would thoroughly recommend this event to others.

I completed the 70 in 20hrs and 29 mins

14/08/2011 at 20:17

What a great event and adventure. The organisation was spot on and everyone was so friendly, the massage guys were a great bonus and I took full advantage of the service. The location was great and even though it was 7 laps, it didn't feel too monotonous.

This was my first ultra and by far the furthest I have ever run, I would also highly recommend this event.

I completed the 70 in about 14 hrs and 20 mins which was way above my expectations.

Iain

15/08/2011 at 09:28
Like you all said a great event well run and the support was fantastic from the organisers and all the other runners, i finished in 16 hrs 35 minutes and my children and wife ran the last bit with me, a brilliant event, will I do it next year ......?????
16/08/2011 at 10:19
What a great day and a great race. Thought the laps might be a bore after a few, but not the case. I won the 70 and i`m still going buzzing. Hope my work rota lets me get back here next time so I can do the 105.
Well done Keith and the rest of the Fat Feet team !
16/08/2011 at 11:04

Well done guys. My husband was Gary the head sports therapist he was absolutely knackered! I thought at one point he looked more knackered than I felt, he even ached the next day which made me giggle.

Lovely event will be there next year, just for the 70 though.

Jane Benson

UFO
16/08/2011 at 14:10
Any photos or times available?
UFO
16/08/2011 at 18:21

Photos and Results are only available on Facebook at present which is a pain as I cant print them off on facebook!!

Spen- Well done on your time and finish all that training paid off, does this mean your doing the 105 next year???

Jane- would like to thank Gary, although he never worked on me him and his team did a fantastic job of supporting and encouraging all the runners (does he always tell such bad jokes) along with the fat feet team.

Well after all the worrying and wondering if I would finish did it in just over 14hours and in 5th place which I was over the moon with, best thing about it was when I finished I felt I had at least another 20 miles in the bank so if I do it next year I will either go faster or do the 105.

Thanks Lain for the chat on the last lap : )

17/08/2011 at 08:26

Phil - well done on your result, in fact well done to everyone. I wont be going for the 105 next year (according to my wife), although I think i could have done at least one more lap, my feet were killing me, have to look at that for next year, wyhen i finished I said never again, but now I am thinking it was such a great experience i want to have another go, and possibly do the half on the sunday as well.

One of the best bits for me this year was my family runing up just in time for my son, daughter and wife to run the last few hundred metres with me.

17/08/2011 at 19:36

I have entered the Thames path 100 in march after my success at Grimsthorpe, hope I will do as well???

Spen- I might do the 105 next year then the half!!!! Sounds emotional you running in with the family, it certainly makes it all worth while and something the kids will respect and admire you for I am sure, all the finishers where hero’s!!

18/08/2011 at 15:26

Hope you're all alive!

Great event. Did the 70 & half marathon. My first ultra.

Keep trying to write a review on here, but my computer doesn't seem to like this site, & won't let me on.....First time in 3 days it's let me post.

I'm off to Race the Train, but I'll catch up with all your posts when I get back on Tuesday.

Barry Fan. (Ria)

Ps. I was the one in the mad trousers!!

18/08/2011 at 18:01

We nicknamed you pyjama woman! Well done on making it round although I think you must have got lost on lap 6 or did you have a sleep??

Think you must hold some sort of world record for running the furthest distance in a pair of trousers lol.

22/08/2011 at 08:00

Phil - it was great running in with the family as they just arrived as i was running up the last bit and just appeared from the dark, it really made the run for me after 70 long miles, am hoping to do grimsthorpe next year but hope the dates do not coincide with family holidays.

Ria - well done on finishing as Phil said we are all hero's, I loved the trousers, they were mad, I dont think i could have run in them.

take care everyone.

22/08/2011 at 09:59

Please find below reference to the local paper article on my run, you will have to copy into address line as cant get links to work properly.

http://www.northantset.co.uk/news/campaigns/charity-campaigns/charity_campaigns_spencer_keeps_on_running_for_group_1_2986259
22/08/2011 at 21:07

Hehe....I love my mad climbing trousers. By far the most comfy things to run in. I hate those lycra things.

I think my feet started to kill me around lap 6! I def wasn't asleep.....I was moving......Just rather slowly!!

Can't wait for next year.

22/08/2011 at 22:37

Barry Fan- well done on the half sunday as well, i maybe stupid enough to run the 105 then half next year!! i wounder if anyone has ever done that?

are you putting the trousers on for fleetwood sunday?

22/08/2011 at 23:08

Def do both Phil! That would be epic.

Yeah, I may well have my PJ's on for Fleetwood! They are also great for stuffing things in the deep pockets!

14/01/2012 at 20:33

Hi All

Thinking of doing this one this year has any one got a course map for this event? 

14/01/2012 at 20:48
No map needed amster, can't get lost on this one ! couple of very small inclines and that's it.....enjoy !
15/01/2012 at 11:59
The website shows 2010, so is the company still going?
15/01/2012 at 14:05

Hi thanks so much bosun tony I am really looking forward  to it but also scared a bit of running that far. 

I have run the Wye Valley 30 and the round the Island 70 over two days and the Connemara ultra 40 which was out of this world, and a few marathons one was the Lakeland trial marathon which was a great route  tough in parts.I would like to go to the 70 mile,  pleased i don't need to map read, i don't do a lot of off road running so will have to start doing more runs off road.  Thank you again for the info. 

Ultraslog yes it is still going, it says on the website that the entries for the event will open soon , hope this helps.  I will keep looking and let you know when it opens. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
181 to 200 of 200 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.