Hadrian's Wall 2013

One for wall, and wall for one...

181 to 200 of 1,449 messages
17/12/2012 at 18:36

Jaffa cakes are always good eh - mind you, everything seems to taste that little bit better when you really need it doesn't it!  Maybe I could have the best of both worlds and finally get round to trying those little jaffa cake cake bars that seem to have appeared...

Anyone else got any favourites they recommend?

Hoping to get over to the Peaks over the Chrimble break and have a bimble about...

17/12/2012 at 22:33

Wine gums. They're my secret weapon. Pocket full of wine gums and I'm like the Duracell Bunny. Just a bit slower. If you pass someone on the wall run and you get offered a wine gum, that'll be me.

18/12/2012 at 09:34

Oooooh - I'll look forward to that then!  Think you'll probably have to start right at the back for me to get anywhere near you... Could you perhaps wear a neon head sign saying "Get your wine gums here"

Strawberry cats from Tesco got me round my second LAMM - one at every control point - amazing how the promise of sugar gets you from A to B!

18/12/2012 at 16:03

Any of you guys running the Expert? Have you found a good training plan??

Alick

18/12/2012 at 16:15

Hi Alick. This your first ultra? And, more importantly, where do you stand on the subject of Jaffa Cakes?

You're in good company with the one-dayers.

One day
Alick
Amster and Mr Amster
Benjamin Kissel
Blakester
Checkmate
EKGO
John MacKenzie
Mr X
Rockhopper Penguin

Two days
Louise Hall
Marcus Nichols +2
Oscarr
Pinkbug
Pursued by Angry Bees +1
RunningRaRa
Sleepy Bear
Weedy

18/12/2012 at 19:10

Veggie Percy Pigs...

18/12/2012 at 20:37

jaffa cakes are good..but i like jam sandwichs on my saturday runs and a few cubes of jelly .. i can see a list coming on weedy ???

you wont be alone alick theres a few mad ones doing it as well.

18/12/2012 at 21:06

Jaffa cakes are grand - was also thinking of experimenting with fig rolls, but a little worried they may have... side effects.

18/12/2012 at 23:19

Don't tempt me Blakester, I make lists at the drop of a hat. I've even got lists listing the lists I have to compile.

Anyone see the Panorama documentary on sports science a couple of months back? Had a brilliant bit with Graham Obree where he rubbished all the scientific mumbo-jumbo and explained his sports nutrition regime involved simply making jam sandwiches and eating them.

19/12/2012 at 11:22

Jam sandwiches rock!  I know when I'm close to bonking when I start fantasising about strawberry jam on toast!

Fig rolls - hmmm - yummy but... pre-sliced malt loaf can have the same effect if you eat too much!

Percy Pigs - yum and the elephants too but can't remember their names - Eric maybe!

Big fan of tangtastic crocodiles too!

19/12/2012 at 11:47

Love percy pigs, hate jaffa cakes!!!

19/12/2012 at 20:11
after the jaffa cakes weedy do you listen to music when running ? I like a bit of jam to oasis,Weller ,stone roses and cold play .
20/12/2012 at 07:37

Listen to podcasts on LSRs and easy runs - Marathon Talk, Kermode and Mayo film show and a couple of others. Got music for races, intervals and tempo runs. Tried podcasts but just can't concentrate on them if I'm going at pace.

Don't ask what's on the playlist - it's mainly embarassingly awful pop, but the beat's the right tempo for my pace. There's a couple of Coldplay tracks tho - The Hardest Part (anyone who's read A Race Like No Other will know why), bit of Moby, Killers, Keane.

22/12/2012 at 17:47
That was a nightmare getting down Portsmouth today with this rain good luck to all runners tomorrow in the Portsmouth coastal waterside marathon of to get some pasta & pizza .....
22/12/2012 at 20:54

Have a good one Blakester. Hope weather's okay for you.

22/12/2012 at 21:12
Cheers weedy . Its going to be a good one ...
26/12/2012 at 14:16

Finally entered this morning.

That's me plus one doing the the one dayer. The person who i've managed to rope in doing the run with me does my sports massage.

Any proplems enroute will hopefully get sorted on the spot FOC.

27/12/2012 at 12:26

You finally persuaded Mrs Gramck to let you enter.

Not a bad idea about running with your masseur. I'll mention it to mine next time I see her and see if she fancies it  I suspect not.

Did everyone have a good Christmas? Any interesting pressies? Got the Born to Run book.

One day
Alick
Amster and Mr Amster
Benjamin Kissel
Blakester
Checkmate
EKGO
Gramck +1
John MacKenzie
Mr X
Rockhopper Penguin

Two days
Louise Hall
Marcus Nichols +2
Oscarr
Pinkbug
Pursued by Angry Bees +1
RunningRaRa
Sleepy Bear
Weedy

27/12/2012 at 12:35

Weedy - that book is a great read, you will enjoy it.

27/12/2012 at 12:46
Weedy - yep, talked the missus around a few weeks ago. Only got my act together to enter yesterday though.

Looking forward to getting back in regular training mode. Just need to formulate. Y schedule now.

Off up to the Lakes tomorrow for a week and plan to tackle a few fells including Scafell Pike. Should be good fun barring any horrendous weather.
181 to 200 of 1,449 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.