Hardmoors 60

21 to 28 of 28 messages
30/09/2012 at 18:46

Well done Ben. Always fancied the Hardmoors series myself.

That's alot of hard races you've done this year. Bloody injury has blighted my year again. I'm working so hard to be fit for the Winter 100, if that's my only other event this year i'll take it.

30/09/2012 at 19:50
Well done, Ben - will probably do this next year
30/09/2012 at 20:07

Well done Ben, awesome. This race served me my first DNF, have had hamstring issues all year, in 'lesser' races they have just served to slow me down, HM60 was just too tough for them and it was game over as early as 21 miles. Had a great day nonetheless as cheerleader in  residence, sans le pom poms I hasten to add, for Tim Bateson, Phil Turton, Dave Coxon and Bruce Smith who all managed awesome runs and displayed real strength out there. 

Edited: 30/09/2012 at 20:07
30/09/2012 at 20:38

Sorry to hear that Alistair. Nothing more painfull than a DNF not even your hamstring.

30/09/2012 at 20:41

Dill-The only thing you need to nail the Winter 100, is to be fit.  If you can round off the slam this year, it will be a hell of an accomplishment!

Rich-You could do a lot worse.  In fact I am thinking about doing the 110 now!

Alistair-Sorry to hear about your DNF.  It’s the price we occasionally pay for doing major events.  If an ultra runner doesn’t have a DNF, then they aren’t pushing themselves hard enough. 

01/10/2012 at 07:53

Well done Ben....Alistair ..sorry you didn't finish mate, [hope your hamstrings recover soon ] Hope to do it myself next year,so you'll have to join me.

01/10/2012 at 16:04

Ben, the event sounds great and well done on your time.  Another one to add to the bucket list!

01/10/2012 at 19:05
It's a toughee alright, having dome both the 55 and 60, I think the 60 is the tougher. Took me about 50mins longer than my best 55 time. Allowing for favourable wind and being better trained (if maybe slightly over peak) my legs are probably more battered by this one. Its the steps in the ravines! Must be... :-S

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.