Highland Fling

141 to 160 of 171 messages
WiB
03/04/2013 at 15:22

Cheers for the link TR. Hopefully it doesn't affect the course and if it does hopefully it's only minimal.

tda - Have you managed to bank a long run yet?

WiB
03/04/2013 at 15:25

hiya WiB. sort of. milngavie to balmaha comfortably and ran from craignure to pennyghael on Mull (19miles) without too much bother.

It isn't ideal but I'm just going to go out on the day, take it slow, and hope for the best.

how about you. you fit?

WiB
03/04/2013 at 15:35

Sounds like progress! Should be a fun day out all the same.

Yeah I think I am getting there, heard lots of good things about the race so just looking forward to running it

WiB
03/04/2013 at 15:59

Damn - I was kinda hoping Cronic Hill would still be shut and we could just miss it out altogether and run around the low level route !

Loch Lomond National park website states that the dreaded hill will indeed be open - path work is scheduled to finish 8th April. But, as you say Dude, the forestry commission work won't be completed until June.

Last time I was up there when felling was taking place they had just put a diversion through the woods, which brought you out further down the Milton of Campsie B road, then you had to back-track to get up to the Conic track - nothing major though and it was well marked.

I will see if I can take a trip up there after 8th, and will report back . They had to do something with that path, it was a right state last year with the erosion.

15/04/2013 at 14:22

Race briefing is now out - check your in-boxes folks .

Couldnt do my planned Drymen recce last week as had a bad case of Tiger-Flu / cold, luckily lungs are now clearing up so I should be good to go for the race.

Looks like we are doing a 2m diversion in order to miss out the forestry works, so will be going through Drymen village then re-joining the WHW further up the road, in order to do Conic Hill. Blessing in disguise really, cos the forestry track was hideous hard 'chippy' stone last year where they had re-surfaced. Also, doesn't add any extra miles to total distance .

Excited now!!!

15/04/2013 at 19:23

I think it can only be a bonus this year NOT doing that hideous forestry track this year - nothing to commend it at all last year!!! 

to not doing it this year, but glad I have bailed. DId a 20-miler on Sunday, but was a very flat one, so descent of Conic Hill would kill my quads for sure!! Didn't ache afterwards but I think the fallout on my recovering injuries would be to much to risk the race!!!

That sounds like a lovely run TDA - spent a week on Mull last Easter with friends, mixture of family stuff and sea kayaking. Was fab.

Anyways, I shall wait and see how you all get on ...

16/04/2013 at 09:39

I have my brief!

That sounds sensible Cragchick - it's a long season, no sense in ruining it all for one race. on to other, better days

Yes there are some great routes on Mull. the Bidie-In's parents live there so we go over 3 or 4 times a year. sea loch at the bottom of the garden. brilliant!

The fun continues...ive been struck down with food poisoning, so now struggle to walk let alone run. Hopefully I'll be up and about later in the week.

WiB
16/04/2013 at 12:37

Looking forward to it! Resting hard now

WiB
16/04/2013 at 17:11
The day's seem to be counting down quicker now, really can't wait to get to the start line nod begin, hope everyone's resting up?
WiB
18/04/2013 at 13:23

Just a very short race this Saturday otherwise running easy and resting hard!

WiB
21/04/2013 at 20:54

Tried a run today. five miles or so. felt like an old man. weak. definitely DNS

have a great day everyone

23/04/2013 at 20:41
Sorry for that the dude, hopefully you'll make it then year!

I hope everyone else is ready for Saturday? Seems to feel more daunting as each day ends!

All the best.
24/04/2013 at 13:28

can i get my excuses in early...... I've a headache...my ITB hurts....I've had a busy week at work...never have enough sleep.....hmmmmm....hmmmm

25/04/2013 at 22:08

Well I'm rested up and raring to go!

27/04/2013 at 17:25

Some good times this year.  9 inside 8 hours, giblin and cunningham down in 10/11th!

http://www.zen31010.zen.co.uk/highlandflingrace/FlingGunChipResulttemp.xls

Cant find splits so dont know what happened to WiB?

GKD
27/04/2013 at 17:27

How did Shelley get on?

GKD
27/04/2013 at 17:30

Can't see a Shelley on the results list.  Maybe the results are just an update and she is yet to come through..

GKD
27/04/2013 at 17:30

Cancel that, just seen her and drew in in decent times. 

GKD
27/04/2013 at 20:13

Can't see WIB on there though? Awesome winning times this year though!

GKD
27/04/2013 at 21:38

He isn't on the finishers list, no reply to an earlier text either

GKD
141 to 160 of 171 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.