Hoka One One

Watch the sizing..

41 to 52 of 52 messages
03/02/2013 at 12:13

Nice collection, you opening up a Hoka museum DV? Which are your favourites?

I'm most interested in the various claims regarding a reduced recovery time after longer events. Just like you JeremyG, 50 miles in my trail shoes is ok but I don't think I'd like to do another 50 on top and wonder what state my feet/legs would be in if I did.

I guess 100 miles is always going to ruin you to a certain degree but I'm hoping the Hoka's might mean I'm less ruined. Only one way to find out 

As others have suggested, they may make quite a nice shoe swap halfway if not wanting to run the whole thing in them also.

03/02/2013 at 14:01
I used my ascis last year for the sdw100 and for the last 30 miles or so my feet hurt every step of the way it cost me so much time just because how painful they felt. I got a pair of Hokas and use them on all my long runs did the London to brighton in them last year and felt great at the end. My legs don't seem half as tired after my big runs did 30 miles yesterday over the downs and feel fresh today there not for everyone but for me they work wouldn't be without them on any ultra.
10/02/2013 at 16:07

Got out for my first decentish run in the Hoka's today with just shy of 20 on a hilly route.

No real issues and have to say, personally for me an extra half a size feels perfect. Comfortable all the way and didn't feel heavy or cumbersome which had concerned me. Probably the oddest thing was how bouncy they felt around the house just afer putting them on before setting off!

GKD
18/02/2013 at 08:31
Hokas now on sale on sportspursuit, limited styles and sizes it appears but worth having a look if that's your thing
GKD
02/03/2013 at 13:03

Can anyone recommend a shop where I can try Hokas, I'm in North West and don't know of anywhere - Thanks

02/03/2013 at 21:02
The north west is a big area - but pete bland do them!
03/03/2013 at 10:43
I'm in Warrington, but of a trip but needs must
21/07/2013 at 18:42

Just got the new Hoka Rapa Nui for my birthday. 22 mile of trails in them today.

Very nice too. Sort of a slimline, lightweight version of traditional Hokas. I will defo be running the Ridgeway 85 in these.

18/09/2013 at 23:04

How are you finding the Rapa Nui? I like the sound of a lighter version but have heard they fit smaller than the Stinson Evo (where I already have to tape my toes to stop blisters)

Pudge    pirate
19/09/2013 at 05:57
Runnin man wrote (see)
I'm in Warrington, but of a trip but needs must

Did you ever find a shop Running Man?

19/09/2013 at 21:26

Hi Penguin

No problem with sizing at all. Up one full size for me same as the Stinsons. I have suffered in the past with blisters in the Stinsons but not one in the Rapas.

I do love the shoe but I wear Hokas for injury prevention during really long races and the Rapas didn't do that during the Ridgeway. They have only got a minimal drop and are too flat for me, they aggravated an old injury. So I will be going back to Stinsons. Having said that they would be great for shorter distances if you can afford to get through about 3 pairs a year as they really wear down quick.

02/10/2013 at 23:10

just ordered a pair of stinson tarmac as I hear there a more ridgid shoe, my big toe joints are screwed so cant run many miles anymore so im close to turning to that dreaded word,,,,CYCLING hopefully the cushioning and the rocker type style I hear they give will help me continue for a few more years? still to many race on my bucket list to do, Boston and Comrades next year are 2. only thing im concerened about is the 6mm drop as I have only ever run in a normal shoe which is usually 10-12mm calfs will take a beasting for a bit id imagine. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 52 of 52 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.