Kit for MDS

6 messages
18/07/2007 at 12:30
Dear all, I am doing the MDS in 2008, and just wondering about spare clothes on the event. Do you carry any or just keep the same socks, shorts and top on for the complete event?
Many thanks,
Honey monster.
18/07/2007 at 14:44
I have not done it but a friend of mine did last year. I think that planning to keep the same socks for 6 days of desert running may be a bit optimistic.
He came back with his feet in plastic bags to protect the blisters that he had from continually having sand in his shoes/socks.
I imagins that the same would apply to shirt and shorts (there are sand/dust storms) which may get a bit too gritty.

Colin

18/07/2007 at 14:55
Thanks Colin, what did your friend run in?
18/07/2007 at 15:00
personally I did it with no other clothing or spare socks other than the tshirt, short and socks I was running in.

everyone is different mind, what works for one person could be a nightmare for another....which makes taking advice for this event quite difficult.

I think better advice comes from the people who have done it multiple times, I also think different paces dictate different requirements so maybe be weary of taking advice from someone who is a lot quicker or slower than you are or intend on being.
18/07/2007 at 15:11
yes, no point taking advice from me.. I have not done it nor do I intend to!

I think he just had a normal pair of road shoes, but I cannot be sure.

As Jason has indicated, everyone is different.

Colin
21/07/2007 at 17:27
Honey Monster, check out our equipment forum http://www.themds.co.uk/forums/index.php as we've gathered quite a lot of useful info from past entrants in the short time we've been going.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.