Ladybower 50

a new one for 2012

21 to 40 of 57 messages
29/10/2011 at 20:11
Silly me, just followed the link to the entry on
Rw and see the start time is 8 and there is a postcode as well
05/11/2011 at 22:12

Hi guys,

Sorry for the silence. I have been working away and unable to log on. The website has been updated now with more detail. I was out there last week taking some great pictures too. www.enduranceevents.co.uk

Hellen, I will seek out some B&Bs in the area. Look at bamford, Castleton and Hatherdage in the mean time.

I have a meeting with a potential sponsor Wednesday, so thing are gathering momentum now.

Cake, thanks as always.

Kingy

Feed the warrior

enduranceevents.co.uk

06/11/2011 at 11:03
Hellen, the Yorkshire Bridge pub is practically on the course and is a smashing place to stay, might be worth considering....
18/11/2011 at 02:44
Def interested. Just left a message with you Kingy to get sent an entry form.
04/12/2011 at 14:13

Woo-hoo!

Just found my A-race for next year. All signed up. Scenic, local, not too hilly, not too expensive, clear trail to follow, beer at the end - sounds like an amazing run Can't wait.

18/12/2011 at 14:39
OK, just read through all this and have been mulling over finding the right ultra for my first one and I think this must be it!

Right distance, right date, right location, but still scared s***less at the thought!

Done 3 marathons with a PB of 3:21 in at Chester in October, but would like some help on training plans, nutrition etc if anyone can help?

jsd
21/12/2011 at 13:49

I'm keen to do this, but I'm not getting any response to my emails via the organiser's web site. I noticed that it hasn't been updated for a while, and neither has the Facebook page.

I could register via RW, but I want to be sure that this is really going to happen before I sign up.

Just looking for some reassurance

04/01/2012 at 22:20
Hey guys,

That's right Cake. Been off the radar for a few weeks, but am now back to get cracking with this. Up to 27 registrations now. So exciting.

Sponsors are coming up with the goods too.

The website will start showing updates soon.

1st training and familiarisation run in Feb.

Don't worry. This is happening and will be awesome.

Cheers guys
04/01/2012 at 22:37
By the way- apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
06/01/2012 at 11:07
Good day to you.

The first training and familiarisation run will be 5th feb 10am. A gentle 10 miler showing the first section of the route.

Those not taking part in the 50 are more than welcome also.

Meet at fairholmes cafe.

More details to follow.
06/01/2012 at 22:51
Hi, im checking in here so keep me posted on the updates. I entered today
13/01/2012 at 23:49
Just looked it up today for the training run on 5th and thought I'd pass it on in case anyone else is reliant on public transport like myself. Looks like the 273 bus runs on a Sunday morning from Sheffield Interchange at 9:00 and gets to Derwent, Fairholmes at 9:32. Of course, ideally I'd just run to the start as it's only 11 or 12 miles but I reckon I'll save that till later in the year...

@Rob - I'm new at this like yourself so can't really give much in the way of good advice but in the absence of any other response here's something. (I also did Chester btw though it was my first mara and had a time of 4:31 so you're well ahead of me on that one).

Relentless Forward Progress by Byron Powell seems to be a commonly recommended text for would be ultra-runners. Can't say I thought too much of it myself - lot of info about trail running which wasn't that useful since I live in the UK not the USA, and a lot of stuff copied off ultra-running webpages that I'd already read. But probably worth a read anyway.
You must have already found it yourself but if not I like the page http://www.ultramarathonrunning.com/ (sorry Chrome doesn't seem to want to let me turn it into a link) as it has quite a lot of info on how to train for an ultra plus lots of other interesting stuff.

Ok, that's me done with posting stuff everyone probably knows already, lol.
17/01/2012 at 20:01
Thanks for the tip JG, I have ordered the Bryon Powell book from Amazon so we will see how it goes.

Kingy, Unfortunately, I cant make 5th Feb which is a shame as I really fancied it, will there be more of these familiarisation runs to come? Is it easy enough to work out a 10 - 15 miler taking in part of the course by just turning up there?

Cheers

Rob
19/01/2012 at 20:52
Yes rob, I plan to do loads of runs around the area.

The routes are really easy to work out. Circumnavigating the reservoirs gives you plenty of distance options. Let me know when you want to head out and I will join you if I can.

There are loads of routes online around there too. The LB50 will stick to the edge of the water, so as long as you are next to the drink, you should be going the right way. It will be marked on the day, but it isn't a tough one at all to map out.

See you soon

Steve
22/01/2012 at 12:39
Thanks Steve,

I will drop you a note when I plan to head up. Enjoy 5th Feb!

Rob
31/01/2012 at 09:47
Passed the wife test. I should be at Ladybower Sunday
31/01/2012 at 11:51
We could have a bit of snow as well for the weekend.

See you there
31/01/2012 at 14:12
There was some snow round Ladybower last weekend - had a lovely run round it on Sunday!
01/02/2012 at 10:17

wont be there this sunday,doing a 20 mile recce of the dukeries ultra,will hopefully be at the next one.

Edited: 01/02/2012 at 15:09
02/02/2012 at 18:05
Might be a little snowy Sunday
21 to 40 of 57 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.