LDWA or FRA?

21 to 30 of 30 messages
05/03/2012 at 07:06

reduced to 27miles? whys that? are you going to lure me into something trecherous....*ominous music sounds*

T rex....your account of the LDWA event really made me laugh so much,thank you!

erm, and where is this event?

05/03/2012 at 21:40

That was in 2007 when it was 32 miles.  And that was exactly what happened at the finish.  I'm usually only a midpack runner so it was pleasing to come in at the sharp end.  But the event only had a handful of runners so it doesn't really mean a lot.  That's it - showboating is the thing not to do.

At various places within this forum are many accounts of things that seem to happen to me in races, and long training runs, often a source of entertainment.

Torfaen (mostly).  Starts in Machen (which isn't in Torfaen).

08/03/2012 at 07:41
.....talking of amusing things happening on runs...during Gloucester marathon one of the most important things to occupy my mind was that on the loops we had to collect the wristbands...my only consuming thought.(forget the other 12/17/22 miles still  to go, or anything else bothering some)..was i wanted a nice pink wristband , and maybe a blue one....and then a nice yellow one o go with it-  not 3 purple ones all the same .....erm...my dad thought tht was a very typical 'Loula' thought when i told him and merely rolled his eyes....
08/03/2012 at 22:01

Well, you've got to have all the small details right for that perfect race ...

I've done that marathon once and the 50K twice.  I get bad asthma symptoms going out in the cold in winter so not sure I'm going to be able to race again at that time of year.  In training I wear a buff over my mouth but you can't really race like that.

09/03/2012 at 07:36
i know a lot of people who would prob love me to wear a buff round my gob to stop me talking!! i chattered on  the whole 26.2 miles in that run!
22/03/2012 at 20:50

A briiliant event is the LDWA Midsummer Marathon on The Malvern Hills in Worcestershire ! Our club the Malvern Joggers normally have about 20 runners do this one its a much more civallised way to run a Marathon, drink stations on route stop for lunch in Ledbury then run back over every peak and trough of the hills 9 miles to claim your evening meal all this for about £7 its a steal !! and its brilliant!!

23/03/2012 at 20:45
Now that sounds like fun! Is it the obvious date of Midsummer?
23/03/2012 at 21:42
http://www.ldwa.org.uk/challenge_events/show_event.php?event_id=9343  Its on Saturday 23rd of June ! come and join us !!
23/03/2012 at 23:12

Im busy that weekend but will be doing next year.

I think everyone should be posting the races they are going to do prganised by LDWA!

I am doing the Brimingham Canal Canter/

29/03/2012 at 15:45
Sunday is the South Downs. 28miles + quite a lot of up and down. I haven't done any further than 13miles since November. Hmmmm.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.