new to ultra training

41 to 47 of 47 messages
24/10/2009 at 18:35
Runners come in all shapes and sizes, does it really matter if it feels right to you? Personally I'm taller than you and nearly 3 stone lighter - must start drinking more lovely pints of high-carb lager  preferably with chips
Dubai Dave    pirate
26/10/2009 at 10:12

Martin: I'm not exactly slim, life / running is a compromise. Sure I could lose a stone and probably be a few minutes quicker, but then I like beer and life is to short. Most runners (particularly those training for Comrades) have to make compromises as running / life clash adding another dimension worrying about my weight is something I can do without.

SD: Just Beach Head though I considered the double of BH/Green sands for awhile. Glad I didn't do it now as was trashed at the end of BH. How did GS go? One of your club mates run with me for miles at BH

26/10/2009 at 19:51

Thankd DD, I enjoy bad food and beer far to much. I started running to loose weight and have (4 stone) but as you say its a balance.

Still working on this pace problem. 15 miler today as my longest run since Leicester, completly stupid 2 hours when target was 2.15 and legs feel it tonight. Is it worth starting walk breaks now ?

Anyone any idea when Draycote opens. Only 100 places so worried could go quickly

26/10/2009 at 20:28
DD I think we were luckier with the weather at Greensands (sunny and warm) than you were at Beachy Head(wet and windy). Was it Chris that you ran with at Beachy Head?
10/12/2009 at 13:46
Starting my ultra training for Connemara in April this Sunday with a 2hr 30mins run.After 14 marathons looking forward to trying to go that bit further ( 39 miles ) i am not putting any time pressure on myself for my first one ( thats easier said than done ) after taken on board all the advice i have read i think my longest training run will be 5 hrs does this sound right.
30/12/2009 at 15:08

Hi is this the Draycote race you are talking about?

http://www.krrac.info/DW_Info.asp

If so it looks like it has been cancelled

30/12/2009 at 15:10

want some good training you new ultra peops? Come on and join in the fun

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?dt=1&UTN=151122&last=1&V=6&SP=

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 47 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.