Pembrokeshire Coastal challenge

Ist ultra. Help, any advice?

5 messages
05/02/2012 at 13:36
It's my first ultra, a whopping 78.6 miles all off-road. The furthest I've ran is a couple of marathons. Any help or advice out there?
05/02/2012 at 13:50
Must add the race is over 3 days, so it is about a marathon a day.
EH
23/10/2012 at 19:21

Hi Rain Dog I am also doing the PCC, I cant wait!!!

24/10/2012 at 01:34
I'm absolutely gutted. I've been in a car accident and I can't enter the race. I even considered walking it but deep down I'm aware that I won't be able to.
I don't know if you know the area but it is fantastic, I grew up around there and I spend a good amount of time there now. It will get more challenging and more beautiful each day, with the only negative being that you have to run through Fishguard / Goodwick before you're back on the cliffs heading towards Dinas Head.
I'm very jealous. Have a great run, you and everyone else are in for a treat.
EH
24/10/2012 at 12:44

Oh no, hope it wasnt too serious!! I live in Tenby so I have had the luxury of training on the coastal path hopefully it will be too my advantage!! I did the Dale section and didnt find it that bad , my legs were hurting the day after though!

I hope you get well soon and theres always next year or any of the other coastal challenges, have you seen the "Oner"?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.