Race to the Stones

81 to 86 of 86 messages
11/07/2013 at 18:19

Thanks Bear B.Hind. Might well see you although I signed up for 2 days but wish I'd just signed up for 1 now. Thought the coach to the start of day 2 a bit strange! I also did the L2B at end of May. Really enjoyed it - so well organised.

12/07/2013 at 11:24

Stay well hydrated and take on board plenty of electrolytes through the day everyone, it's going to be a hot one! If any of you are aiming for a Spartathlon qualification, but find that the heat affects your time, please take a look at the SVP100 (www.svp100.co.uk) in September. It should be cooler by that point and the course is very flat / fast.

Best of luck for tomorrow! Make sure to slap on plenty of P20 or a decent high factor suncream, and remember to enjoy!

14/07/2013 at 20:27

Well - that was quite brutal - The Ridgeway is quite unforgiving under conditions of excessive heat ot wet.  Glad I opted for the non stop option.  The night section was quite pleasant - cool and the path visible.  Finished in just under 22 hours .

15/07/2013 at 09:33

Well done for completing the route. It was certainly tough going out there in the heat! I'm not sure how many people completed it from the 800 registered, as there are currently problems on their race timing page.

How were the logistics in the end Bear B.Hind, given the issues you were facing leading up to the race? Did everything run smoothly in the end?

15/07/2013 at 14:26

Yes.  A bit of a hitch at start when cab did not arrive, but fortunately there was a spare place in another one.  At the finish there were showers - not very hot, but never mind -  a lovely pastie, a cool barn to sit in, medical assistance and best of all the shuttle van did an unscheduled early run to Swindon so I caught the 9.10a.m. to London.

15/07/2013 at 14:56

I did it! I did it! I did it! So proud. That's my 100km virginity gone ...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 86 of 86 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.