races between london mar and london to brighton

1 to 20 of 21 messages
18/10/2005 at 11:08
hello my name is george thomas and i am an aussie coming over next year ,,i have booked a place in the london marathon and wood like to run the london to brighton run so am keen to find some races in between these 2 ,,i have a running triathlon background and done a little ultra stuff here so sorta know what to expect
i will be living in woolwich london and london races wood be great ,,
appreciate your help
cheers george
19/10/2005 at 12:03
George - if you click on the grey "events" tab at the top of the page, you can select areas, dates and distances and find lots of races for next year.

Also, there's a thread over in the Beginners section called Marathon Nutters Anonymous, where we keep a list of the marathons and ultras that forum people are running in the coming months.

Shades, who often posts there, compiles the Road Runners directory, which lists LOADS of marathons and ultras.
19/10/2005 at 15:07
Nessie thanks for the reply ,,it must be true,,i am a bit thick cause i cood not get any races from the grey tab but am working through the mararathon calender
is not urgent but my coach wants it sorted so he can plan accordingly
19/10/2005 at 17:36
Ah, no it's not you. You have to be a subscriber to view next year's races this early.

Listed in the South for April onwards next year are:

Marathons:
30/4/06 - 3 Forts Marathon, Worthing, West Sussex
21/5/06 - Isle of Wight Marathon
23/6/06 - Fairlands Vally Multi Terrain marathon, Stevenage

Ultras:
Dynamic Adventure, Guildford - trail race - 45k on 14/5/06 and 55k on 20/5/06

There will be more listed nearer the time.
19/10/2005 at 22:48
Dartmoor 32 is a good step up from marathon distance. Well its the only one I've done above 26 miles!
19/10/2005 at 22:51
hm
neolithic marathon(off road) may 2nd
Dartmoor discovery
if its on -tiptpon 12 houtr track rae in May
Kent 50 mile challenge in July-you dont have to do the full distance
20/10/2005 at 08:24
There are a few Se[tember marathons that I've run leading up to L-B:
Wolverhampton, the first Sunday in September and the Robin Hood marathon in Nottingham, nearer to London and I think the same weekend is the New Forest marathon.
The RRC Directory comes out after December.

Also if the Boddington 50k happens that'll be the last weekend of July/1st Sunday in August (its only been held the last 2 years)
Not trying to put you off George but are you aware of the current status of London to Brighton? Its almost definitely in its last few years.
How do you feel about switching to a 100km race in Europe around that time instead? Just in case?
20/10/2005 at 12:41
So-This is where you're hiding ? (0:
20/10/2005 at 15:22
Hello
20/10/2005 at 16:25
ultra hampster,,thanks for the help i have heard the London to brighton is in its last legs and yes i wood be keen on a 100k near london but on road ,ran 100k in sept this year on trails and all went well till it got dark and i got lost and my fone died and it all went down hill and i made a commitment no more ultra trails ,,i do believe tho there is a stack of choices over there and am looking forward to coming over ,,how do i get a copy of the RRC directory ,,is that the road runners club ,,
thanks again
george
20/10/2005 at 16:50
george - I'm editor of RRC directory. 2006 edition should be ready by Xmas, still awaiting lots of info from race organisers.

You will have to travel a bit, not much in the London area
20/10/2005 at 16:54
nice work shades ,,how do i get a copy ,,my partner lives in london now ,,can she buy one ,,do u have a website as well
20/10/2005 at 17:03
Shades - George is Australian - "London area" will stretch to, ooh, Birmingham probably. :o)

20/10/2005 at 18:32
And if it includes Hollabd you can do the Winschoten 100km in mid September (if London to Brighton doesn't happen)
20/10/2005 at 18:32
Hollabd? So I've got a bit of a cold!!
20/10/2005 at 18:55
I missed the London Marathon in 2003 and resolved to make my target that year London to Brighton - my build up included marathons all over the UK including the following:

Leeds Marathon (sadly now reduced to a 1/2m)
Three Forts Marathon (mainly off road)
Halstead Marathon
Dartmoor Discovery Ultra Marathon
Blackpool Marathon
Edinburgh Marathon
Rottingdean Windmills Marathon (mainly off road)
Fairlands Valley Marathon (mainly off road)
New Forest Marathon
Loch Ness Marathon

There are plenty of others including very many events organised by the LDWA.

Hopefully L2B will still be going but the event becomes ever more precarious - have fun and enjoy.
21/10/2005 at 19:41
george - directory is available from me mail order. Please email me in December for details and I can send to your partner in London.
Directory is free to members of Road Runners Club and Trail Running Association.
26/11/2005 at 14:59
Details of 2 new Ultra track races.

Crawley, West Sussex 6 & 12 hour race
Saturday 8th of April 7-00am

Boston, Lincs 6 & 12 hour track race
Saturday 2nd of September 6-00PM

Details in RRC Directory
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
28/11/2005 at 06:07
Crawley 6 hr race sounds like a possibility for me, if I'm visiting family around that time. Is there a web site for it?
28/11/2005 at 12:58
Ironwolf,
Sorry no website but if you drop me an email I will put you on my list of interested runners.
Entry forms should be available after Christmas if you send mae an SAE. I will e mail my address to you.
Have you done an ultra before?
1 to 20 of 21 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.