Races In Sweden - Jun 2005

8 messages
22/07/2004 at 14:17
Anyone know of any races in Sweden in June 2005 - trails or triathlons?
22/07/2004 at 15:11
If you can visit Sweden 4 times during the year you could do the Swedish Classic? I have been thinking about it for a couple of years but have never done cross country skiing - but then how hard can it be?

I can't remember the months it's held in, but you compete in 4 disciplines throughout the year:

X Country Ski (Vasaloppet) 120km
Swim 3km (I think)
Cycle 300km
X Country run 30km

http://www.ensvenskklassiker.com/index.php?doc=14 will help if you can read Swedish, although there are a couple of English pages in there.
22/07/2004 at 15:16
i'll be over for a wedding so I thought I may as well see what else is happening
22/07/2004 at 15:22
I suspect the 300km cycle may be on at that time. No tri bars allowed.

http://www.vaetternrundan.se/

It's 300km around a lake, you start at intervals throughout the night (remember it's endless light at that time of year). If I only get over to do one event there next year this will be it.
22/07/2004 at 15:58
That looks really cool - unfortunaly it is exactly the day of the wedding- what a bummer.

if only my brother in law was getting amrried the day beforw I might have been able to wangle it.

Need to find somethig for the weekend before or after -or maybe go climbing - never been to Sweden so I may as well make the most of it
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
26/07/2004 at 17:56
Superdaz - don't under-estimate XC skiing. It's tough and a complete body workout. If you're skiing fast, your Vo2 and HR will jump to max in a very few minutes. I'm a fairly good skier but last time I did a ski marathon I had just about enough energy after the finish to crawl to the sauna.
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
26/07/2004 at 17:59
It's our silver wedding anniversary in June and I've been looking for something special to celebrate it with. The 300km may possibly be it.
26/07/2004 at 18:42
I believe it's one of those mass participation things rather than a race. Sounds like fun to me though.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.