Recurring foot / sole soreness...

and recurring blisters in the same place...

21 to 26 of 26 messages
07/09/2012 at 18:46
Well, I've never tried it myself so cant give you any specific advice on how best to go about doing it. But... there's also a very good 'fixing your feet' website with loads of pics and advice, so that might be your best bet if you're keen on trying out duct taping. Good luck with it!
25/09/2012 at 16:57

Well i can def recommend the Falke socks i bought. They were expensive (for socks) but i didn't get one blister during the whole Toad Challenge (90+ miles over 3 days). They're not thick and i did put an extra pair of thin socks over the top for the 3rd day just in case. I also rolled on a bit of bodyglide on the balls of my feet too.

My feet were sore, but they were going into it, so to do over 90miles and not blister i think is a result

25/09/2012 at 17:10
Wow! That's impressive. The 90 miles I mean, not the sIckes, but they sound pretty good too. I'd never heard of them before now - will have a look though. Glad you se to have found a solution
25/09/2012 at 17:11
Sickes? Damn iPhone typing horrors. Socks I meant of course. LOL!
pmo
25/09/2012 at 18:29

Glad you've found a solution

With regards to tape for your feet, I found some excellent fabric tape listed as 'Zinc Oxide tape' on ebay. Very strong, and very sticky. I've left it on for a few days before when I've had issues, and never known it move. Might be worth a try if it comes back.

pmo
26/09/2012 at 14:07

Cheers both, i will look into that tape too. Although i didn't blister my feet are still sore... and it wasn't all good... i have a terrible swollen shin/ankle, which was agony on the last day and i only got round due to popping pain killers... (don't wanna think stress fracture, but i'm gonna have plenty of rest and cross train for a few weeks anyway).

But i can't blame the socks for my ankle can i !? I blame stubborness.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.