Ringofire2012

New ulta round Anglesey!

6 messages
03/02/2012 at 07:33

Anyone else doing this?  3 days, 131 miles running round the coastalpath of Anglesey.

Only £99, website is http://www.ringofire.co.uk

This might seem like a 'plug' but its not, i'm not involved with the organisers but i am partcipating so wanted to get more peeps involved!

03/02/2012 at 17:41
I am very tempted by this as could be my challenge for the year. This does seem like one epic effort though!

I've never ran anything like this, but have really enjoyed my running over the last 6 months upping weekend runs to 16/17 miles. Entered the White Peak marathon in May which could be a taster.

Would I be better getting some longer efforts in this year and maybe have a go next year, or just go for it?

Cheers.
03/02/2012 at 18:47
Very tempting. The flyover bit on the website makes it look brilliant.
08/02/2012 at 09:54

I have entered this, its going to be my big event of the year. Never done a multi day event before but have run a few single day ultras before.

Pete, just go for it ! I would definitely advise some back to back long runs and getting used to spending lots of time on your feet.

Loz
08/02/2012 at 10:07
Hmmmm slightly tempted, but it looks very tough!
08/02/2012 at 11:51
Its on my Radar, have a lot of stuff to fit in though so will have to see.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.