ROUND THE ISLAND 69

ISLE OF WIGHT ROUND THE ISLAND

21 to 32 of 32 messages
22/06/2010 at 17:58
Hi guys I was one of the organiseers at the event. I hope all of you enjoyed the event and i have heard that neil is planning to run the event next yer also. My grandad has dubbed me the master of tents so next time he has a tent issue i will probbably be getting a call
22/06/2010 at 18:16

Well done Bear B Hind you did fantastic

I will most definately do the Druids hope your blisters are feeling a little better.

Jay thanks for everything the organistion was fantastic And great news to think it will be on again next year.

One thing I will  do different though is not take such a massive tent, we were the idiots that brought the biggest tent there. 

22/06/2010 at 18:20

HA HA HA. Were you the people that called yourself the umpalumpas?

22/06/2010 at 21:42
Yes, all good fun. Well organised and great weather! Well done to all.
22/06/2010 at 22:31
Jay - thanks to you and your grandad for pitching my little pink tent - not to mention rescuing me on day 2!
23/06/2010 at 00:03

No probs.

23/06/2010 at 14:08

Jay yes I ran with the umpalumpas for  day one and for the first 15 miles on day two I had a great time. 

Kevin glad you had a great time.

Bear B Hind hope you don't ach to much, you did so well. I went for a long walk on Monday and a gentle jog in the evening not even a mile but just to loosen my legs as we had such a long drive on Sunday.  Today I.m out on a treasur hunt with our running club. Then a rest. 

23/06/2010 at 19:55
Not real aches as muscles fine - just was feets failing me.  Feets now healed!  Have already bought guide book for new Thames event in September
23/06/2010 at 21:03
Just to let u guys know Neil got a call from the National trust saying that we can use the battery for a checkpoint next year so
26/06/2010 at 14:40

sounds like a good event, I wanted to do it but couldnt make the dates.  Any idea on dates for next year?

also, what is this thames path? how far ? when in sept? unfortunatly sept is quite full already but if date works might squeeze it in!

27/06/2010 at 09:01
The dates I've been given are Thames path 24th-26th September approx 99 miles totla (although my route boof says 97) and Round Island 25th/26th June.
27/06/2010 at 15:51

Bear b. Hind my friend and myself have got some photos of the weekend we will email them over to Neil sometime this week hopefully.

Can't belive how good i felt, i will most definately do it again next year. 

Keep up the good running

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.