Rudolphs Romp East Yorkshire

6 messages
07/02/2011 at 13:07
Is anyone doing this rescheduled race?  I am running it in March for the first time and was wondering how much water etc to carry round with me, how many feed stations etc?
26/02/2011 at 20:30

Seen as though you have had no responses...I thought I would. I'm doing it too for the first time. I did the Wheeldale Tandem in January and that was my first ever off road event. I am pretty sure that all but 2 checkpoints are manned so there will be refreshments aplenty.

At wheeldale I took my pack (inov8 Race pro30) with me filled with 2.5 litres. That was a demanding course and I didn't get through all of my water. I also noticed that I probably had the biggest pack and would ideally prefer something smaller for the Romp.

I think you would be fine with a camelbak or even a belt with a couple of bottles. The stations will have plenty of fluid and sweet stuff.

31/08/2011 at 10:05

The Yorkshire Ultra in Rosedale seems like its going to be popular, its the first race and entries are going well. 

There have been some technical issues with race booking so the early bird discount has been extended by 10 days.  13 - 30 and 40 mile routes to enter http://www.yorkshireultra.co.uk

15/09/2011 at 06:34

Night Trail Series Update

As the nights draw in we thought that we would introduce a series of night trail races to keep your motivation and drive right up there.  The first of these races is on the 1st of October in East Yorkshire just outside of Pocklington over the Yorkshire Wolds.  There are 10 and 20 mile options available.  Night Trail racing is a very different aspect of trail running, exciting and great fun.  For more information go to Night Trail

Edited: 15/09/2011 at 06:35
16/09/2011 at 08:06
Just put dates for December and January Live Night Trail Series
15/11/2011 at 17:31

Just a quick heads up on the Rosedale Ultra to remind everyone of the Rosedale Rumble this coming weekend.  13, 30 and 40 mile distances.  There are 125 competitors registered for this inaugural  race, so the event is looking to be well attended.  Race starts at 07:30 on Saturday at the Hutton Le Hole village hall in North Yorkshire. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.