So, what's next

21 to 40 of 591 messages
18/08/2012 at 22:08

Maybe one of the hardmoors will fit in next year.

18/08/2012 at 22:14
Hardmoors 60, if I can shift the beer gut I am hastily growing on my hols, then head down arse on the trails super discipline no distractions to West Highland Way 2013.
WiB
18/08/2012 at 22:22

good stuff *Dill*

WiB
18/08/2012 at 22:45

Not a lot planned for me at the mo which is disturbing to say the least!!! Benachie Hill Race in October, on waiting list for Glen Ogle 33 but not holding breathe ... a couple of local 10-milers in Nov and Dec on the dreaded black stuff ... all of this will bring some much wanted speed back. Next year probably Yorkshire Ultra (if I can face the travel arrangements) or Dee 33, Highland Fling and hopefully West Highland Way 2013 so see you there Alistair!!!  Am also planning to run some local long distance trails namely the Dava Way, Speyside Way and Moray Coastal Trail with a view to perhaps linking them all together to make a triangular route of some 95 miles

WiB
18/08/2012 at 22:55

cragchick - Hoping to run Highland Fling in 2013... well, I have a hotel booked as of yesterday

WiB
19/08/2012 at 01:33
For me i'm booked to do london 2 brighton in sept and the tp100 next year so far going to do the grandslam with centurion and then my dream race thw everest matathon in may 2014 the big motivator for me at the mo anyway
19/08/2012 at 06:20
Awesome CC and WIB, probably ought to put HF on my calendar too.
19/08/2012 at 10:55

Those aspiring to the UTMB might have more chance of getting in than they think.  The entry requirement has been increased to seven points this year, which means less competition if you have the seven points. 

I have had a pretty good 2012 campaign so far.  I am signed up for Hardmoors 60, Leicestershire round ultra, and plan to round the year off with the Winter 100.  Next year I have unfinished business with the Viking Way Ultra, and will try for a slot in UTMB through the lottery. 

Edited: 19/08/2012 at 11:07
pmo
19/08/2012 at 11:45

I like the look of the Kintyre Way for next year, anyone on here done it?

pmo
19/08/2012 at 14:15
Wetter is Better! wrote (see)

my main aim is Rocky Raccoon so wont do Winter100 if it will affect that.

i seem to remember you telling me about TP100 early this yearand suggesting i pop down and see the end, and me offering to marshall at oxford end in 2013 and to give you  a boot up the ar$e if you were flagging....

WiB
19/08/2012 at 14:18

TP100 is in March Lou... my little mind doesn't work that far ahead!

WiB
19/08/2012 at 14:54

mine neither but was looking for the Atlanta post and saw it!! lol...my memory aint that good either!!.....i can only cope with 2/3 months ahead  on a good day...

19/08/2012 at 15:09

Spen71: which Croydon parkrun? I'm ED at Lloyd parkrun - come see us sometime!

I'm booked for Beachy Head Marathon end of October (so long as I can find someone to RD my parkrun that day) and various cross-country races for the club. Next year I have a GFA place for London Mara - thought I'd get that done. Main goal Lakeland 50 (wanting to run that is what got me started on ultra). Thinking of Winter Tanners (LDWA challenge) in January, tempted to enter Comrades. Thinking that Ridegeway 5 will be a full month after Lakeland 50 so I could try that...

Need to find at least one for Nov/Dec and ditto for Feb/March.

Suggestions? Remembering I'm based SE London/Kent (although I can travel) and can't do too many Saturdays.

19/08/2012 at 18:30

I was pondering UTMB Ben, as I definitely have the points now ... big thing that puts me off is logistics on day and logistics of leaving this country and arriving there - they are almost more massive than trying to complete the event!!! However, the fact i actually have the points might shove me in that direction ... if I think I can do WHW race and recover sufficiently but then I guess, with six weeks of school hols inbetween two races I won't be overtraining

Right, if WIB has booked a hotel and Alistair is pondering idea of Fling then I'll definitely do it again. I do love that race (despite the hideous section towards end of Loch Lomond!).

19/08/2012 at 18:32

Debra - isn't there an endurance Life one down in Dorset (although suspect it will be Saturday as most ultra events seem to be). Was Dec last year.

20/08/2012 at 12:38

Considering Dunstable 20 or marathon - trail, self-navigated, 9th September. Might be very good as a warm-up for Beachy Head- practice running faster on the trails than I have been doing while training for/running NDW50. Could get up at 6, leave the house at 7 am - not too bad. Maybe visit Whipsnade Zoo afterwards.

22/08/2012 at 21:38

The NDW thread has sadly ended on a very sour note - much as it began, in fact.  I have the Enigma Gold Ultra on BH Monday then various marathons over the next few months.  I eventually decided to treat myself to a sleeping bag and mat to celebrate finishing the NDW, so I can do some multi-day events.  I am planning on the Pony Express and am also very tempted to do the Wall.   The Vanguard looks great too, as it covers NDW and SDW.  I'd love to do a multi-day this year, but I don't have enough holiday days left.

22/08/2012 at 21:41

rosemary, really? has it? why?....i too like the look of vanguard, really did love the NDW trail route and am going back very soon for training run there...how are you feeling after your fab run at NDW

22/08/2012 at 21:47

ah. ok ive read it now Rosemary. a shame..and did the person complaining about the rubbish actually crew or run? im sure the aid station crew did everything they could with the rubbish and i certainly didnt see mess anywhere! i think maybe the person complaining needs to remember that it wasnt just people in NDW that were present on the downs that day. it was good weather and a lot of families , dog walkers and horsey people out too.

22/08/2012 at 23:34

I thought that I might get in a cheeky ultra at the end of August, but I have thought better of it.  I have managed one five weeks after every previous 100 miler I have done, but the Lakeland 100 has really kebabed me.  It has probably done me a favour, because I had got back into that silly cycle where you do an ultra, then recover in time to taper for the next one, then repeat. 

21 to 40 of 591 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.