501 to 520 of 591 messages
GKD
02/11/2012 at 14:24
Cheeky bugger

Seriously though, leave me some yeah?
GKD
WiB
02/11/2012 at 14:30

Will do... I may end up sweeping instead which means I get the leftovers only!

WiB
GKD
02/11/2012 at 14:38
In which case we both know what's going to be leftover
GKD
WiB
02/11/2012 at 14:44

I will ensure I pack plenty of my own food

WiB
02/11/2012 at 18:51

if you two are going to be there i will  not set my sights too highly on anything nice being left then.....i can however run quite happily on pretzels and raisins for quite a while so i will expect those please. *makes mental note to hide all my shotbloks from wib*

WiB
05/11/2012 at 10:24

mmmm shot bloks!!! I did well at Caesars I only ate 30 shot bloks

SDW50 entry opens tomorrow morning... anyone else fancy a go at it?

WiB
05/11/2012 at 13:21

Yes, I'm intending to be there - thanks for the reminder That will mean SDW50, NDW50, Lakeland 50. Also considering Ladybower and wondering whether I could fit in a 50 early in the year i addition to Pilgrims Way (which I haven't entered yet, but was hoping to do as my first try at a two-day): I'm thinking "5 x 50M at 45" would be sort of nice to do...

05/11/2012 at 17:53

If I lived closer I would certainly be entering lots more of the Centurion races, and probably offering marshalling services too . Sometimes its annoying living so far North! Still it means I can make SDW100 into an excuse for a holiday .

05/11/2012 at 18:08

I'm thinking of offering to to marshall for NDW100, if they'll accept me at Knockholt Pound from about 12 noon (i.e. after I've sorted parkrun results and got there).

05/11/2012 at 18:16
WiB wrote (see)

05/11/2012 at 18:16

WIB i DO actually fancy SDW50

05/11/2012 at 19:18
loulabell wrote (see)

WIB i DO actually fancy SDW50

Have fun fitting that in your schedule....!

Debra Bourne wrote (see)

Yes, I'm intending to be there - thanks for the reminder That will mean SDW50, NDW50, Lakeland 50. Also considering Ladybower and wondering whether I could fit in a 50 early in the year i addition to Pilgrims Way (which I haven't entered yet, but was hoping to do as my first try at a two-day): I'm thinking "5 x 50M at 45" would be sort of nice to do...

Debra - why not do Thames Trot? I know it's a Saturday so you'd have to swap RD duties with someone, but would fit in with everything else you have planned (except Pilgrims maybe?) but would add another well supported 50 into your totals?

05/11/2012 at 19:31

TP - I know what you mean! Ironically, if I hadn't moved up here I would have been able to do exactly that ... NDW starts about 3/4 a mile from the house we have down there and the SDW is only 25 mins from said house ... I'd actually be able to train and recce a course before I did it - unheard of for me usually. BUT I'm not sure I'd trade the general business and built-upness for what I have here now, nor the massive trek to get to mountains rather than under an hour

05/11/2012 at 20:49

Cragchick - yes, living in Scotland does have some advantages . Seaside, mountains, and being able to get away from masses of people very very quickly if you want to . I find it bizarre going back south to visit my parents - everything seems really close together, one town after another.

05/11/2012 at 22:16

Yes, that's exactly what I find, seems REALLY wierd.

30 shotbloks , but then I feel like that when I read the blog on Centurion and about how many of those GU 'gels' he eats on races 

WiB
05/11/2012 at 23:10
Haha I quite like the purple ones!
WiB
06/11/2012 at 08:57
loulabell wrote (see)
WiB wrote (see)

Am sitting at the computer waiting to register.

And then I'm going for a run, as it's gorgeous out there.

06/11/2012 at 22:40

ultrarocker: maybe I will: Winter Tanners then Thames Trot, SDW50, NDW50, Lakeland50, Ladybower 50.Together with the Lakeland 50 recce runs that should keep me busy!

Leave Pilgrims Way to the next year, together with VLM and (assuming the finances allow) Comrades then maybe Ridgeway 85? So make 2014 more of a mixed year - that's assuming I get thorough the 5 x 50 okay, of course...

Hm, 12 weeks to Thames Trot - better get my entry in and start increasing my mileage again. Had five days off last week due to a back niggle, which was probably a good thing (having some time off, not the back niggle), so, time to return to serious training - plus some cross-countries for the club.

cragchick: living down here may be handy for the Centurion events, but I envy you your easy access to hills and mountains.

06/11/2012 at 22:48
Debra - I'm down for Tanners but not sure yet, it's only ??4 lost if I don't lol! Thames Trot I'm in, then Grindleford Gallop in March (only 22m but a fantastic event in the Peak District), no idea yet for April, supposed to be doing NDW 50 in May, then after that who knows? May do UTPD again in August as I'd love to do much better than this year, or may have a look to see what else is around? Don't really want to plan too far ahead, usually never works out lol!!
08/11/2012 at 13:26

Well, I've entered for Thames Trot, so "5 x 50" it is for 2013: Thames Trot, SDW, NDW, Lakeland, Ladybower (ok, I've not put my entry in yet for Ladybower).

That should keep me out of mischief.

So, from those more experienced than me, what's your recommendation for between two 50-mile events that are just five weeks apart: two weeks rest/gentle running, a decent week with one long run or back-to-backs then tapering to the next one?

501 to 520 of 591 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.