So, what's next

581 to 591 of 591 messages
14/02/2013 at 08:11

touie2: Sympathies. I've not run since TT50 - I decided to give my posterior tibial tendon two weeks off and see if that did the trick (alongside lots of stretching and strengthening exercises). After 12 days, there's definite progress although it's still not 100%. I'm itching to get out running again and very aware that it's now only a little over 8 weeks to SDW50...

14/02/2013 at 08:17
I have physio later so will know more then but think it might be a ligament sprain, I can't get more than quarter of a mile before it twinges and half a mile before its agony and its made no improvement at all in over a week!!!
14/02/2013 at 08:24

touie2: That's very frustrating. Here's hoping for good news from the physio.

14/02/2013 at 08:30
Thanks hope you recover quickly too
GKD
16/02/2013 at 21:21
Looks like I'm out for the Laverdo, which is a shame as it was going to be one of my A races this year, however with pay cuts, no overtime and my entering The Spine next year I have to be sensible about how I spend my spare cash thus year
GKD
WiB
17/02/2013 at 18:16
Bad news mate. Is it an injury related withdrawal?
WiB
GKD
17/02/2013 at 18:18
No, purely financial unfortunately, I'm planning on racing less this year and doing more self supported stuff
GKD
WiB
17/02/2013 at 18:21
Fair enough. What is on your self supported schedule?
WiB
GKD
17/02/2013 at 18:26
Self supported SDW full length, Taff trail, circular brecons route that works out to about 85 miles, several Pennines recces and I hope to get north of the border at some point
GKD
17/02/2013 at 18:39

What's this circular route, Lirish?  Sounds right up my street.  I'm doing MCN Black Mountains 33 and 10Peaks Brecon Beacons (long course) which will help me get familiar with much of the route of an epic own challenge I'm contemplating.

Also doing Connemara ultra (road), Endurancelife CTS Flete ultra (complete with estuary crossing), and Ridgeway 85.  I think that's all for this year ...

Hope all those with injuries are getting better on this thread.  I'm struggling to recover from a broken collarbone and some temporary nerve damage.  Also the physio now tells me my left shoulderblade has 'winged' (pivoted out from the plane of the back) which would explain why I have got poor articulation at the moment in the left shoulder.

GKD
17/02/2013 at 19:16
TR it's essentially just the beacons way There's a description on the Brecons park society web page I've just taken the main way points from there. I've done both the MCN and the Connemarathon,both lovely races for different reasons, the Connemara race is all around where I grew up until I moved over here
GKD

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
581 to 591 of 591 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.