So, what's next

81 to 100 of 591 messages
30/08/2012 at 17:35

at the risk of getting told off again....does anyone know roughly when NDW 2013 entries open...

WiB
30/08/2012 at 17:53

I would imagine they open at some point loulabell. Not sure when that point is. SDW enties open soon!!!

WiB
30/08/2012 at 18:18

same time then maybe...

30/08/2012 at 21:53

Lou, likewise I wish we'd been able to chat properly, but we should be able to rectify that at the Christmas Fatass!  Not sure about doing NDW again next year.  I really enjoyed it, but I also quite fancy doing The Wall and a couple of multi-day events.  

30/08/2012 at 22:01

Me again, Lou. I am still trying to get that link to Cakerunners working, with no joy - would you mind posting the full thing please, in case I am entering something wrong?  Have tried adding UK prefix with no luck.

30/08/2012 at 22:12

Hi Rosemary

If you just copy and paste exactly what Lou wrote into a Google search box it brings up the exact place to goto as the first search result

30/08/2012 at 22:17

I suppose I ought to post my what's next - even though I didn't actually run it!

Most pressingly it's helping out at Lakeland Trails this weekend, then meeting up with Lou for a nice run on the Ridgeway next weekend. After that it's Abingdon Marathon as part of the group, then Lou and I are doing the Druid's Day 1, Winter Tanners and Thames Trot...oh, and NDW - we'll fill in the rest of the blanks later!

Must admit Fellsman is tempting though... and I quite fancy trying to improve my time for a solo Yorkshire 3 Peaks... UTPD next year will be too close to NDW50 but i'll probably head up there and help out for the weekend instead...

WiB
30/08/2012 at 22:25

Sounds good dude!... Fellsman is a bit of a beast from what I understand but looks brilliant!

Was UTPD self navigating?

WiB
30/08/2012 at 22:40
Yes, I've heard Fellsman is VERY hard, so I may leave it til the following year... I have to remind myself that there are more races than there is time...or ability!
Yes, apart from about 6m at the start and a couple of miles at the end where we picked up signs from the other races it was all self nav'ed, with 20 checkpoints to hit.
31/08/2012 at 07:45

yes Rosemary, the christmas fatass(not mine i hope)...where are we planning on???

31/08/2012 at 08:22

Got the Ladybower 50 at the end of Sept,Dukeries dusk to dark in Oct,After that not sure,but next year looking at do some of the Hardmoors series [30,55],Have also thought of doing the Fellsman,Mighnt also go back to doing a couple of Triathlons,as i go up a age group,and want to do the Outlaw Ironman.

31/08/2012 at 11:43

Outlaw is a good one, daytekker, I can recommend it.

I've not got much planned so far. Just a couple of trail marathons then I'll start to plan for next year. Thames Trot in February, and possibly the SDW 100 if I think I'm up to it. Plus Dave wants to do a two day version of a BG round, so that would be good.

WiB
31/08/2012 at 11:49

Tiago - If you are thinking of a 100 then the SDW is a great one to do. The trail is one of my favourites. The 2 day BGR sounds like fun, the lakes are fantastic for running and the BGR route takes in some great parts of it. I have only have the pleasure of running the first 2 legs and some of the 3rd.

WiB
WiB
31/08/2012 at 11:54

Plus I am always looking for people to join me on recce runs of the SDW

WiB
31/08/2012 at 12:40

At last! I finally managed to get that link to work.  My PC at home has some damn pop-up blocker that prevents all sorts of things working, this must be one of them.

Lou, yes that's a very good question about where the Christmas FA will take place.  Maybe it is worth just like for a reasonably central trail event that's happening in December and us entering that?  Not an FA, I know, but might be the simplest solution.

31/08/2012 at 13:13

I'd be up for that, WiB, if you need some practice at going slow.

WiB
31/08/2012 at 13:27

Or we could take 10 gels each before we set off and light it up!... A steady recce sounds good to me. I know a lot of the course but will be going over it at least twice more in total before the race to confirm it in my mind.

WiB
31/08/2012 at 13:31

Cool. My nephew is going to uni in Brighton, so it's a good excuse to make a visit. It's all down that way, right?

WiB
31/08/2012 at 13:32

Yeah you could even detour to the Uni easily enough from the SDW without much extra running involved.

WiB
31/08/2012 at 15:29

Rosemary, i think us all entering a Dec event is probably easiest way yes.

81 to 100 of 591 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.