So, what's next

121 to 140 of 591 messages
WiB
02/09/2012 at 11:46

You know it makes sense! Go for it!

Have you got a definite UTMB entry next year from missing out on the lottery for this year?

WiB
02/09/2012 at 11:56

The rate at which Lakeland places are selling should not necessarily alarm people.  The usualy re-open entries around May, to replace  people who have been eliminated due to injury.  This is how I got my place this year. 

GKD
02/09/2012 at 12:11
Yeah, this year was a bit of a washout for me ballot wise, missed out on GUCR, UTMB and Tor de Geants as well as being too late with my entry for wasatch, will need to be a little more organised this year
GKD
GKD
02/09/2012 at 12:17
As for the CCC WiB I say go for it, if I could convince every runner to do one of the UTMB series I would, absolutely incredible atmosphere in chamonix for the week preceeding the race, the race itself was like lathing I've ever done in terms of support, when you get into one of the checkpoints at the top of the big climbs and they're playing the conquest of paradise by Vangelis you can't help but be moved
GKD
02/09/2012 at 12:30

Dill

What if you ended up being selected for all of them?

02/09/2012 at 13:14

Ha that would be nice Ben but i have thought of it and i would drop GUCR and run WS and UTMB.

As for lakeland I think i'll leave it for now. Plenty of other stuff out there. Like you say WiB might get my name on the waiting list instead.

02/09/2012 at 17:54

I cant do anything that involves temperatures less than 28 degree heat

WiB
02/09/2012 at 18:03

I am going to put in for the lottery Lirish but wont hold out too much hope so wont base any race plans around it just yet... maybe more chance of getting into CCC than UTMB though, I am not really sure? 

WiB
GKD
02/09/2012 at 18:16
WiB the chances of getting into the CCC are better than the UTMB but neither are anywhere near as bad as some of the bigger US races, I think there's a one in four for the UTMB and even better for the CCC and it's likely to be even better odds next year because of the difficulties over the past two years. Do it.

Lou the temp at the start of the CCC last year was in the high twenties, would that suit? ( though there was snow,sleet and driving rain over the rest of the course)
GKD
02/09/2012 at 19:32
Lirish wrote

Lou the temp at the start of the CCC last year was in the high twenties, would that suit? ( though there was snow,sleet and driving rain over the rest of the course)

ummmmm......

02/09/2012 at 21:53

Lou - we'll settle for Trans GranCanaria then or TransVulcania - let this lot go get cold and wet

WiB
02/09/2012 at 21:56

Transvulcania looks amazing... are you going over?

WiB
02/09/2012 at 22:02

WIB - not next year, but it's an idea that's been talked about - more TransGran than TransVulcania - look at the Seb Chaigneau/NorthFace video from earlier this year of TransGranCanaria... it's sooo beautiful (and Seb wins which is a plus... he is my inspiration)

04/09/2012 at 21:55

Are we deciding on the Chrissie get together on this thread or wannabe thread?  I can't make the first weekend of December now, but Lirish I do like the look of the MCN events, so will definitely try and get to one next year.

04/09/2012 at 21:57

And Lirish, thanks for the offer of lending me a torch.  I will definitely have one by the time I make it to MCN.

WiB
05/09/2012 at 13:14

Just entered the SDW 100 for 2013

WiB
05/09/2012 at 13:24

WIB. Am so glad I did that race as my first 100-miler ... think it's a week earlier next year so is same weekend as West Highland Way race which I hope to get into ... entries open for that in November, and then UTMB entries open in December ... hate waiting so long for these entries to open, I want to enter NOW!!

05/09/2012 at 13:26

Haven't done any of the MCN races, but my second ultra I ever did was the Beacons Ultra put on by Likeys (which is essentially the same as the MCN winter Beacons one-ish) and I LOVED it, despite the December Welsh weather - torch was a necessity though just cos the days are so short in December.

WiB
05/09/2012 at 13:58

I am very excited for SDW already cragchick!... Only a small matter of about 7 or 8 races in between!

WiB
05/09/2012 at 14:05

Funny that, like we were discussing on the other thread - i'm really excited about NDW - it's what i'm looking forward to the most next year - and it's not until August!!!

121 to 140 of 591 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.