So, what's next

141 to 160 of 591 messages
05/09/2012 at 14:17

EEEKKKKK , are entried open for NDW too then???????????

05/09/2012 at 14:21

Not yet got to wait....

05/09/2012 at 14:28

bum

GKD
05/09/2012 at 14:35
Craig chick having done both the MCN and the Likeys races I can say for sure they're definitely not the same thing, Likeys is a looped course and to my mind both the easier and less scenic of the two. Martin and Sue like put on a great race but the actual course itself almost avoids any of the decent climbs and indeed terrain in the area whereas the MCN one is really challenging
Edited: 05/09/2012 at 14:38
GKD
05/09/2012 at 14:51

Shazbat, are entries already open for SDW, WiB? Or have you sneakily got in somehow?

WiB
05/09/2012 at 14:55

Open for volunteers Tiago. Full registration opens 10am Sept 25th.

WiB
05/09/2012 at 15:46

and for NDW???..i feel like ive asked this a thousand flippin times...

WiB
05/09/2012 at 15:47

Thats because you have! ... there is still no date on the site. You will get plenty of notice I am sure Lou 

WiB
05/09/2012 at 16:12

Just entered for the Dunstable Downs 20 mile Challenge run this Sunday. Intending it as a training run towards Beachy Head, not as a race, but it will be nice to see some different scenery, and pop into Whipsnade Zoo for a little while, afterwards. Was tempted to enter the 26-mile run and extend to 30, of course...

05/09/2012 at 17:41
WiB wrote (see)

Thats because you have! ... there is still no date on the site. You will get plenty of notice I am sure Lou 

i know i KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!
......and my smileys keep going wrong.....

05/09/2012 at 19:02

OK Lirish I stand corrected, the Likeys one is aimed at those trying the distance for the first time and is great for that. Agree going over Tor-y-foel and The Gap avoids the most challenging elements of the Beacons but for some, in winter, even that is a first for many, esp when it's pishing with rain and freezing. I just love Sue and Martin's enthusiasm and warmth ... and whenever I purchase anything from there, always get a little comment on the compliments slip - hows that for personal service?  crAgchick BTW

GKD
05/09/2012 at 19:09
Apologies if I came across a little short, was typing on the tiniest keyboard ever. Agreed Martin and Sue have what is pretty much the best outdoors shop in the uk both in terms of stock carried, service given and advice available, I've ordered from them many times and will no doubt do again in the future. Likewise the race itself for me has so much right with it, brilliant service, great people and a brilliant goody bag. The ONLY thing I don't like about the race is the route, it bored the arse off me.
The MCN guys have all the above in terms of service but the route is brilliant, everything from forestry track to single track to sheep tracks
GKD
05/09/2012 at 19:37

Sounds fab. Don't get me on typing on small keyboards ... and predictive text just finishes me off!

05/09/2012 at 20:00

i cant type on touchphones but am very fast on keyboards....just dont get me started on where Lancashire, Leicestershire and Licolnshire are......

GKD
05/09/2012 at 20:06
That's easy, they're north
GKD
05/09/2012 at 20:08
Lirish wrote (see)
That's easy, they're north

Don't you start!!!!

GKD
05/09/2012 at 21:06
What? They are aren't they?
GKD
WiB
05/09/2012 at 21:11

They are certainly north of where I am!

WiB
05/09/2012 at 21:40
Lirish wrote (see)
What? They are aren't they?

I refer my learned colleague to my post on the "Wannabe" thread from yesterday, reproduced below...

So, in the words of the late Max Bygraves, I wanna tell you a story....

I just had a nice chat with the lovely Lou.....

Who explained that she was a bit worried about going to Leicestershire, because she thought it was such a long way away until she Googled it...

Because she thought it was right up north....

Oh, but it gets better....

Because she then said that she'd obviously confused it with somewhere else that began with L - like Lincolnshire or Lancashire.... because isn't one of those far north and to the right, just under Northumberland????

No love, that's Durham, then Yorkshire..... Lancashire is up north and turn left...

Well, what about Lincolnshire?  No lass, that's about 5 miles from where i'm standing...

One small geography lesson and a lot of laughing later - Lou isn't so worried about coming to Leicester

GKD
05/09/2012 at 22:12
You're explaining that to an Irishman living in London, islington is north to me
GKD
141 to 160 of 591 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.