Tapering for 100 miler

Not sure what do do /not to do for next 2.5 weeks?

4 messages
06/02/2013 at 20:35

Ive got a 24 hour race ( hoping to get 100 miles) in two and a half weeks. Apart from a marathon this Saturday , exacty 2 weeks before the event I was thinking about just doing a few 5 milers. Am I backing off too much or does this sound about right ? Not really sure what to do . I havent run since last weekend when I did a 34/16M back to back with no problems and no stiffness next day.

06/02/2013 at 21:37

You are backing off just right.  It is critical to have good recovery time for a 100 miler.  You might get away with more activity, but why risk it?

GKD
06/02/2013 at 22:00
Fizz without knowing you, your history or your training regime it's impossible to say what a good taper would be for you, everyone's individual and needs different things. What works for me is a fifty % reduction in training two weeks out and the week before I do nothing more than two runs of no more than six miles each, I benefit from lots of rest the week leading up
GKD
07/02/2013 at 15:09

So.... running a marathon 2 weeks before a 100 miler is classed as tapering?  Bloody hell!

I don't know whether to admire you or pity you!

Good luck... enjoy it

Edited: 07/02/2013 at 15:09

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.