Thames Path 100

100 mile point to point run from Richmond to Oxford

181 to 200 of 2,429 messages
Ultra AJH    pirate
11/07/2011 at 23:14
Where are you doing IM? Is it outlaw???
K.P
11/07/2011 at 23:25

AJH, Yes it's the Outlaw - picked particularly because it's meant to have a friendlier bike section than most!  How was your tri at the weekend?

11/07/2011 at 23:32

they do say what works for one may not work for another, but then the only way to find out is to actually go ahead and try. in my case the vibrams were a BIG peice of the puzzle if you get me. i have used them on pretty much everything except out an out rocky surfaces. i finf there miles better than shoes when you get onto dirt trails. ie compacted mud. allways get an amazing hit in Wepre Park like this

i just had a look and this may be of use to you(MR F) http://www.vibramfivefingers.it/eng/stores.aspx

cheers for the link vixx, not that i watched the videos in secret lol.

10.85 in 1hrs 21mins on pan flat tonight. felt good really.

Ultra AJH    pirate
11/07/2011 at 23:58
I have vibrams I love them for short stuff but my toe won't go in them right now!

My tri was only a sprint relay but good fun

I did outlaw last year, best day out ever you will love it! I am there supporting this year.
12/07/2011 at 13:03
I'd love to move into triathlon one day, but I can't ride a bike!

Training done for today

1 x 30 minute hill session on the treadmill - 2.6 miles done.
1 x 15 minute recovery bike ride on exercise bike - 4 miles.
1 x 40 minute gentle follow up on treadmill - 3.1 miles done.

As you can see, I'm not fast but am building my base at the moment and hopefully can start upping the miles in a couple of weeks post thunder run.

Hope everyone is ok today

How did you injure your foot AJH?
Ultra AJH    pirate
12/07/2011 at 13:18

Well it turns out I have an infection under the toenail. Was thought to be bacterial but not responded to antibiotics so now I am on anti fungals.

I assume that the 10 in 10 had something to do with this, running so much, constantly wet feet?? Suppose that would be it.

12/07/2011 at 18:27
Sorry to hear that AJH

Hope it sorts itself out soon!
12/07/2011 at 20:20

KP (nut)

Lets not tell anyone else we can be found on here - they wouldn't understand  

12/07/2011 at 20:22
Why would they not understand veggieboy?

Although to be fair, I think only other like minded individuals would understand what we are doing in this thread
12/07/2011 at 21:35

triathlon

and tritalk.co.uk

13/07/2011 at 09:06
Ahhhhh - gotcha!
K.P
13/07/2011 at 10:26
AJH, I went down to watch it last year, it made up my mind to go for it. I'll b the 1 @ the back of the cycle section!

Vixx, I can't ride a bike either! I have improved a fair bit though, & the best bit is always saved to the end.

Veggieboy, Sorry, I don't get it?
13/07/2011 at 11:27
Mornin folks. Just back from a nice and steady 6m trail run. Felt really good, ave pace is 8.02 Mon miles. One of those lovely runs where you just seem to effortlessly glide along with no real effort? Nice when you get those days!
So, is anyone having a pacer in the latter stages of this run? Just giving it some consideration...
Ultra AJH    pirate
13/07/2011 at 11:29

Thanks Vixx.

KP I will have to look out for you

I will be trying to persuade a friend or two to come pace me ...... dont know if they will!

Ultra AJH    pirate
13/07/2011 at 11:29

What am I talking about come and pace me!

I meant just come to talk to me before I go bonkers

13/07/2011 at 11:42
Someone to kick my sorry ass through the last ten miles will do, there doesn't have to be any conversation involved!! I hear there are some damned good pubs near the finishing line too...
13/07/2011 at 13:39

KP

Friendly rivalry between websites. A lot of tritalkers don't like to admit that them come on Runners World, even though quite a lot of them are members

I tend to lurk rather than post as I find it a really useful source of run specific info and advice

13/07/2011 at 22:28

hi everyone

hope your all doin good.

that long run i plled the plug on, finally happened today yippee. 30.13miles in 4hrs 23. well happy with that.

a pacer is a verry good idea to be fair. my dads doin it for me. for the last 20-30miles.

a very good idea though.

well done on the 6 miler MR F, they really are amazin them flowy runs aren`t they.

13/07/2011 at 22:56
Nice one Andy! That's great stuff there

Well done Mr F - all my runs always feel like hard work to me, so I don't know what a 'flowy' one feels like

I don't have a pacer yet - I could see myself getting tetchy with one if they were too slow or fast for me!
K.P
14/07/2011 at 21:49

Hi all,

Well done on the long run Andy, great going.  I had a great run to work yesterday, it felt really easy and was a commute best by nearly 3 minutes, however, I've had an odd ache in my right thigh ever since.  Don't think it's anything major, just a bit of an irritation, and not great timing, but I reckon it'll be fine if I don't run on it for a few days.  I won't have a pacer, I'll just be dragging myself to the end!

Veggieboy, I might have to start lurking on tritalk then, I might learn something about cycling

181 to 200 of 2,429 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.