The Hereward Way Ultra (40 Miles)

What is the distance

6 messages
16/10/2012 at 00:01
Any ideas ? The website here states 40 miles, their website states 54 and the online payment section states 40 miles
16/10/2012 at 08:07

It's about 38 miles in total, unless they've changed the route (unlikely).

It's also a relay race for clubs, I did one leg last year, you get a lot of crowd support at the change overs which is nice! Not a bad run either, over 50% tarmac but also field boundaries, river bank, farm tracks etc

17/10/2012 at 14:03

Ultra rocker you are thinking of the hereward relay/ultra which is 38 miles this one is a different event and part of the relentless series.

It is 54 miles Roadrunner - i did point out to them alot of places are saying 40 miles and they are looking in to it.

Are you planning on running it ? I am running along with a friend

17/10/2012 at 14:08

Amanda - you are completely correct - I didn't know there was enough interest to actually hold two ultras in our area!!! Shame i'm doing Druids the week after or I would have been tempted....

17/10/2012 at 14:19
Yes running it on my birthday
18/10/2012 at 10:10
Lovely what a birthday present I have the maps and will today be making
Them online so they can be downloaded if you join their Facebook group I think that is where they will be posted
Are you going
For a
Time on the day ?

@ultra rocker yes I was surprised too

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.