The SNOD ultra runnig thread

The Idle Banter non specific race ultra thread

3,001 to 3,007 of 3,007 messages
29/08/2014 at 21:37

Cragchick - lots and lots of mountains are just up your street I think . I don't understand why you have not done Lakeland 100 yet from that point of view - but maybe too commercial when it comes down to it.

29/08/2014 at 22:21

It's on my 'to do' list I think last year I was applying for utmb and missed deadline ... I don't mind commercial, but quirky and small will always get my vote!! Struggling to post on any forums at the most ... Hope all well? What have you don't recently? What's next? Waving anyway

GKD
29/08/2014 at 22:28

Forum is pretty quiet these days, days go by when I don't post and it seems it's the same way for quite a few of the old faces.

Tor des Geants next weekend.

GKD
29/08/2014 at 22:30

Wow wow fab another one in the bucket of dreams I have ... Good luck!!

30/08/2014 at 12:14

Anyone know what Fellrunner is up to?  He seems to have disappeared off this forum for over a year.

One of my inspirational people.

Great write-up about Billy Bland in the current issue of Trail Running magazine.

31/08/2014 at 15:45

Well done all those going around the various Mont-Blanc races over the last week 

Yesterday at 18:17

Hi all.

T-Rex - I had a read of that, he was an amazing runner. Some of his long fell race records and the BGR record are awesome. But I suppose he did put in training miles on fell that are up their with what the semi-elite road runners do, he can't have ever stopped what with a day job and family, as those miles take way longer even at his speed!

booktrunk - Yes, well done to those out their in Chamonix. Always envious to see those out their taking on those beasties.

GKD - Cracking, look forward to hearing about that one as its on my "one of these days" list.

Cragchick - Glad you've got your targets sorted. Does sound like the best approach. I've not got around to writing anything about the run yet, hopefully will soon. I'll pop a summary on this thread in meantime tomorrow if I get chance.

Next ones for me are HP40, Yorkshire marathon and maybe a trail marathon/or 20-30m trail run in Nov-Dec. half my mind is already on next year now. Won't be 12 ultra's again, probably less long ones, more focus on a particular event domestic or continental and tickover with hardmoors trail series or similar. A new "target" has entered my sights - Blue Trail Tenerife - as I like the idea of crossing the whole Island working up to the giant Mt. Teide (which is quite a big higher than most of the Alps long trails go I think - 3500m+). But for various reasons the timings might not be right next year. May throw my hat in the CCC/TDS bag, UTMB is not a possibility as don't have the points for 2015. Not to mention a whole host of cracking domestic options.

Edited: 01/09/2014 at 18:22

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3,001 to 3,007 of 3,007 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.