The SNOD ultra runnig thread

The Idle Banter non specific race ultra thread

141 to 160 of 3,040 messages
07/08/2010 at 23:34
BritNick wrote (see)

Same goes for cd, although our brief yet touching reunion in the cloud + sunshine + wind + drizzle when you passed me on High Kop left a lasting memory. You were running well. Keep up that good work and you can do the Hundred, though perhaps it might be kindest without Charlie (wash my mouth out)?

know, you're right bn...but the plan would be be for his nibs to play a good part along the way
08/08/2010 at 08:54
I stuck around for the presentation BN - see you at an event soon enough. DE saving the rest of your report for pudding later. STILL haven't got running yet - this afternoon with a bit of luck.
09/08/2010 at 10:52
LToB went well. Bit stiff and some of same niggles as during UTLD, but no foot issues. At 34m I was already having problems during that one - a combo of rocky paths, a bit of foot wetting and feet that had decided to dry and crack up the week before. I've been putting on skin softening cream ever since the plasters came off.

I saw Nick briefly during, descending from Druids stone as I ascended, about 5-10mins ahead. I think he pulled that out to about 35-40mins by end - flying again Nick, you've got over the 100 really quick!
11/08/2010 at 23:25

s-z, it's a shame we missed each other. We'll catch up at the next one. That goes for you as well cd

DE, I've surprised myself with how quickly I recovered from the L100. It's almost as though I never did it. Perhaps it was all a dream. I've been pleased with how my three races have gone since Lakeland. I hope your shin recovers quickly, and your knee doesn't get any worse. Beware of knees.

I'm thinking of T Rex. I hope you're safe and not doing anything reckless, TR. I know it can make entertaining stories but we wouldn't want you to come to any harm. Your food list seemed a bit lacking as well. I'd need pasties, quiches and pork pies on top of all that, not forgetting lashings of Coke to wash it all down.

12/08/2010 at 06:09
BritNick wrote (see)

Your food list seemed a bit lacking as well. I'd need pasties, quiches and pork pies on top of all that, not forgetting lashings of Coke to wash it all down.

you're making me feel hungry

see you at hp40?

12/08/2010 at 13:00
Yes, cd. I'll be there.
12/08/2010 at 13:03
Mr Rex?
12/08/2010 at 20:58

BritNick?

To answer your questions in the order posed: yes, you could say I have been doing something fairly reckless recently (look out for report on SNOD thread) and, although I like the event, I don't think I've got any scope left for annual leave to cover HP40 ( I work Friday and Saturday evenings, which is a pig).

I'm still in no-man's land as to where to post ultra-type reports - since they usually do have some entertainment value I'm leaving them where they are for the time being.

13/08/2010 at 21:01
enough of that..how was your trip?
16/08/2010 at 10:57

yeah great thanks..loved running up and down wansfell...fantastic

been trying to plot eagles route..the middle bit to and from mardale is easy enough..but the start and finish notes are harder to plot

16/08/2010 at 21:06

Howdo all. After a weekend of non-running-type-alcohol-drinking-stag-night-fun its back to reality tomorrow when I go to see the physio re my shin that hurts when I weight bare. Fingers crossed.

To pre-empt the boozy antics we did some mountain biking in the Afan forest. Did a route called "The Wall" which was seriously tough and scary in places (for novices such as me and my mates). I was able to bike every bit uphill thanks to the ultra and hill training. But the bking on technical rutted, narrow, muddy trails with steep drops and often at speed downhill was tough. My skinny, runners arms were knackered by the end. Definately bit of more than we could comfortably chew there

17/08/2010 at 21:43

Fellrunner - If anything scarier than most descents on long runs as I don't trust the "point of failure" between me and terra-firma and not holding anything back. Though must admit not as scary as descents on one or two of the fell runs I've done.

I'm on the injury bench, physio is as sure as can be without a scan that its a stress fracture. So the "mechanical contrivance" is now my training tool of necessity.

CD - Will have to pick your brains sometime, enjoyed yor report so much that I'm thinking of an Easter C2C next year.

18/08/2010 at 04:42
de - hope you mend quickly. in a daft way enforced running rest will be no bad thing given the mileages you've been putting in. and yes the c2c..grand stuff..will you go  for a leisurely trip like we did or a more testing one ?
18/08/2010 at 09:16

crikey we're already onto 2011!

the rest of my year should look like this

eagles dare, high peak 40, windgather fell race, passing clouds fell race, roaches fell race and a selfish weekend in the lakes, just me and the lad

all fell races subject to me doing some faster training

the utld being the main goal . so to help get there

highland fling,  cateran trail, hardmoors 55, osmotherley (all tbc's)

but mainly lots of trips to the lakes including 3 day recce of the entire course..of which i probably now know 60+ miles of it but it'll be a belting way to spend 3 days

eagles dare route? fr im fine with the best bits ...over to mardale and back to kentmere...they're obvious

its just the fiddly start / finish details that are harder to put to the map from the route description..no worries

18/08/2010 at 16:50

ive become too mellow to hold grudges or settle scores fr

i cant say its a favourite event of mine so i can use the travel time to take me somewhere more to my liking eg your neck of the woods...ive just got the impulse to do the cumbrian way this autumn one weekend..got to get a pass out then i'll get booking the pubs up ..the one in caldbeck is a jennings

18/08/2010 at 20:54

Look like interesting plans CD and FR. There really is no shortage of land or challenge to cover in the UK without ever getting bored.

Gonna get out for a little "break me in" ride tomorrow. Then more at the weekend and I have already thought of a fairly aqmbitious plan for an upcoming weekend, considering my lack of saddle practice. But I figure, if I can cover UTLD a comparatively short bike ride without the impact damage to legs is the least I should try for.

19/08/2010 at 09:28

nice trip that one fr..think safety pin may have done it this year

we'll take the higher fell route from kes to caldbeck which is nice, but not heading onto carlisle..that would be dull!

19/08/2010 at 09:48

see you at the cnf then for a pint

19/08/2010 at 21:24
Random post but big respect to Mo Farah tonight running sub-13 5000m and British record.
19/08/2010 at 22:43

as you say..random

cheapskate

141 to 160 of 3,040 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.