Triathlon Clubs

Where are they?

21 to 27 of 27 messages
22/03/2008 at 11:48
Shires do open water swimming on Saturday mornings starting April time too...................
23/03/2008 at 20:19
mitten - Where do Shires do their open water swimming? Their website say's the Blue Lagoon but the only BL I know is near Bletchley, MK. I used to dive there a few years ago with MK sub aqua club but don't remember it being particularly big, or particularly blue!..
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
23/03/2008 at 21:00
The Blue lagoon is over near Letchworth way, its not the one near Bletchley.
23/03/2008 at 21:06
Thanks BB..
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
23/03/2008 at 21:18

Yes mosy open water swim start very early and we usually have to be out the water by about 9am, its because many of the lakes are owned or licensed to water sports clubs, e.g. sailing / water skiing and they just let us swimmers use them out of their own hours so to speak.

23/03/2008 at 21:35
Makes sense to find the nearest lake possible for that reason then, Haversham lake is only a couple of miles from me so I'll go with that.
24/03/2008 at 18:21
Ahhh, pesky sailors! Not going to be possible for me to join you for a swim at MK then BB as i work in London. Am officially a duathlete now (is that a word?), always run, but survived my first cycle today, only 15 miles, but survived the nightmare that is clip-in shoes *pats self on back* now to face the freezing, murky waters...
Edited: 28/03/2008 at 18:44

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.