Ultra 30

Croydon Ultra 2012

21 to 40 of 102 messages
08/02/2012 at 16:24

Hi all

I just book my place.Will be my first ultra,after I had to opt out of London ultra due to fractured ribs few weeks ago.Will do 3 marathons in April and May so will run this like another,a bit longer,marathon.

08/02/2012 at 17:22
hi Tanas..wow , 3 maras in april??????
08/02/2012 at 18:18

Loulabell, I wouldn't say I know the route - I've been lost on the roads around the clubhouse lots of times! But I have run some of these roads before, and I'm learning the roads around Sandilands gradually (a total lack of sense of direction doesn't help, nor the number of roads which turn by 90 degrees), and I'll probably make use of the route for some long training runs, so hopefully I'll know where I'm going on the day.

As for expected time, ask me after 19th Feb...

08/02/2012 at 18:24
 okeydokey. at least you will be familiar with some of the roads and scenery which is more thn i will be..., is london 50k your first ultra Debs? ive forgotton whose done what now  over on the ultra thread cant keep up with all the lads adventures on there lol
Edited: 08/02/2012 at 18:25
08/02/2012 at 18:30
Hi Loulabell,two in April ,Brighton and MK,than Richmond Park in May.Maybe a bit to much but would like to push myself this year and see how far I can go.How about yourself,you are doing few races too?
08/02/2012 at 18:43
Tanas, ive just entered croydon online!! no backing out now! i think this event had a very small group last year but maybe more this time...i may see you at MK as im there supporting my OH and some friends..i have a few events this year. have just done my first mara so a bit of a toddler at all this...i have northants ultra 35, then croydon, then NDW 50...then Abingdon mara in oct
08/02/2012 at 23:31
Loulabell, yes the London Ultra is my first. Tapering now - will be missing a great club run on Sunday, but I'm only supposed to do 6 miles, not 15 hilly!
09/02/2012 at 07:35
its very hard holding back isnt it? i was going nuts before Glouces. just having to  do 7/8 when i wanted to  dp 17/18!!
09/02/2012 at 09:02
On the plus side, I only need to be at the clubhouse at 08.30, not at East Croydon rail station in time to catch an 07.55 train...
09/02/2012 at 16:23
is that for the london ultra or croydon Debs?
09/02/2012 at 16:34
Just for this Sunday's run! For the Croydon Ultra I can cycle to the clubhouse or be lazy and get my husband to drop me there. For the London Ultra, I'll definitely get my husband to drive me to the start in plenty of time to get my number etc.
18/02/2012 at 13:42
Hope everyones training is going well.
19/02/2012 at 12:00
hi ian, nice sunny but chilly 18miles this a.m for me  i have looked at the route, quite nice that its one loop and then an out and back on the 2nd part
22/02/2012 at 13:22

Hi Ian, good to see that year 2 is going ahead.  I ran last year, not sure if I'll be back as it kinda depends on other plans but it's on the tentative list.

I think I said this at the time (but I was somewhat tired so who knows) but I think what would be a great help to runners this year would be:

- street names [or more street names] on the map provided so if you do go wrong you can get back on track more easily- especially on the second half.

- a big sign by the tram crossing so people get onto the right path at the begining of the cycle path section (this was my biggest mistake!)

- someway of ensuring people can easily find to the turn around at Ladywell as the roads around the station there are very confusing (especially after running 23 miles!!) and I think this is where most people went wrong.

Hope this is helpful and best of luck for Croydon Ultra 2012!

23/02/2012 at 17:05
breadsweatandbeers...thanks for those pointers-not sure i will remember those but i will try! is the map provided on the day or can it be obtained prior to event?
23/02/2012 at 17:21

Loulabell, Ian Campbell provided you with a link to a route map earlier, remember:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4447885

Once I start using sections of it for training, I'll post any comments here.

09/03/2012 at 14:46

Had a great training run this last weekend st Steyning. Very muddy and slippery and lots and lots of rain. It was an absolute joy!  

Had a few more entries in for this event. so book up early. Will be doing a couple of route recces over the next few weeks if anyone is interested. 

09/03/2012 at 15:49
ive paid entry and am in..how many entrants so far ian?
09/03/2012 at 17:33

Hi Ian,

Okay, how do I enter? I've been to your website and it has info for 2011 inaugural race, not this year's race.

I enjoyed the London Ultra 50K and I've entered NDW50, and I think this would be a good run on the way to that. Do let me know when you're doing a recce. and I'll see if I can come.

12/03/2012 at 13:31

Debra -  You can enter via the Runners World online entry - quickest way. I am having a few issues getting the website updated. Otherwise message me with your email address and I will email you the correct form.   I will post when I plan to do a recce run. More likely to be after April. I tend to run quite early on Sunday mornings.

Loulabell - I am about 50% full based on last years numbers. Although at this time last year I had not even got this thing going!   I have room for more entrants.  

Breadsweatandbeers - your comments and others from last year have been taken on board and marking especially on the second half will be improved. In fact, one very kind soul from last year has helped me out on that point. I hope to see you this but if not good luck with your race plans! 

21 to 40 of 102 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.