Ultra 30

Croydon Ultra 2012

81 to 100 of 102 messages
26/06/2012 at 08:48

Did the section Elmers End to Catford again yesterday (I hesitate to say I "ran" it as I was rather slow after North Downs Run in Sunday) and this time I didn't lose the Cycle Route 21 signs (nice to know I was supposed to be following them) and I was fine; found the route under the bridge at Catford without any difficulty, and didn't make any wrong turnings on the way back either!

26/06/2012 at 17:29

way to go Debra.... your lead runner !!! 

I will be mailing out the directions in the next few days.....

27/06/2012 at 12:43

hope all your training is going ok everyone still gutted i cant join the fun

28/06/2012 at 08:22

hay Ian and everyone else, Ive finally taken the plunge and signed up for this, it`ll be my first official ultra.

Ian, I havent heard anything since I signed up, can you confirmed that Im in?

28/06/2012 at 17:04

Andy - i can confirm you are in. Glad you made it and I  am sure you will have a great time at your first Ultra.

Hi all - will be sending out final route directions to the mailing list tonight.... 

28/06/2012 at 22:32
Andy - it'll be my first too. PB for both of us then, assuming we both manage to crawl across the line .

Route instructions received - now I have to construct some kind of hat and dangling fishing rod arrangement so I can read it as I run along...
06/07/2012 at 13:56
Weather forecast not looking great for Sunday - wellies, anyone ?
07/07/2012 at 19:27

hay y`all really bone question I know but do all 30milers start at 0800 or can we choose our start time?

07/07/2012 at 19:55

Andy, as I recall, the 0800 start time is for those who think they'll be very slow - there was a cut-off indicated somewhere of seven hours - everyone needs to finish by 1600 hours (4 pm).

ALL: near the end, when you've turned from Addiscombe Road into Sandilands, FitzJames is a LEFT not a right turn to reach & cross Mapledene and reach Uplands! (and near the start when you've gone along the edge of Lloyd Road and across Coombe Road, it's right-then-immediately-left into Campden Road). But I'm sure it will be well marked tomorrow.

Also, there's a sign on Addiscombe Road saying that Addiscombe Road is closed from Shirley Road to Sandilands tomorrow for a Triathlon, but Ian says it wasn't a problem last year and they let people drive in okay. (Alternative route would be along Lower Addiscombe Road, left into Clyde Road and to end, left into Addiscombe Road, Right into Radcliffe, left into Haveland then Right into Sandilands - but I'm hoping not too need that detour!)

07/07/2012 at 20:13
I'm sure it will all make sense on the day...

Good luck folks - see you all tomorrow.
07/07/2012 at 20:24

Thanks Debra, im as slow as continental drift tbh.

See you all tomorrow

08/07/2012 at 18:18

Well, that was fun (if wet)! Well done everyone who finished! Running Rodent, you looked amazingly relaxed and energetic as you finished.

08/07/2012 at 18:50

hey Debs , how did you do!!?

08/07/2012 at 19:11
She won, that's what she did . First lady across the line! Not sure about 'relaxed and energetic' - I think 'happy to be finished' was probably nearer the mark! Good day, awful weather. Although I'd rather have the rain than massive heat, even if it did mean a bit of puddle jumping.

And now I can say I'm an ultrarunner. Yay
08/07/2012 at 21:42

Well done Debra (and Running Rodent you were 2nd lady so well done you too) thanks for the company and your much needed help navigating the 1st half of the course, really enjoyed today's race so well done Ian and all the volunteers out there.

I hope everyone gets some much needed rest and are not to sore!!!

08/07/2012 at 22:33
Had a fantastic day today even though i was as wet as an otters pocket for most of it! Cheers Ian, will be back next year for sure
09/07/2012 at 22:50

Not to diminish Running Rodent's achievement at all, but to be fair to Clare I must point out that she came in just a few minutes behind me, and ahead of RR.

RR: Welcome to the ultrarunners! This was only my second official, although I've passed the marathon mark in training a few times, so I guess I've technically done a few Fat Ass runs.

Managed a very slow (bit over two hours) 12 miles this evening to give my 42 miles in B2B.

Jwheezy & everyone, you were all great company on the first half of the course and pulled me along amazingly. Glad to be of some service with the navigation (recce x 2 did help, as well as my fairly effective home-made dry-bag for the directions).

Pity about the race numbers disintegrating - I like to keep mine and write my time, placing etc. on them.

10/07/2012 at 23:26
Indeed, she was well ahead of me. I'm still celebrating '3rd lady' though . And still chortling at 'wet as an ottter's pocket .
11/07/2012 at 08:45

Celebrate away! - You deserve to!

It was really good for me to discover that wet-and-warm is fine for running long distances(having experienced the miseries of wet-and-cold at the Greater Manchester Marathon).

11/07/2012 at 08:47

Anyone know if official results are anywhere? They were published last year, promptly (according to the reviews of last year's race).

81 to 100 of 102 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.