UTMB 2013?

Planning ahead

181 to 185 of 185 messages
09/03/2014 at 17:46

Well - in the race, have decided to use poles but which ones to get - any thoughts please on what works for others?

09/03/2014 at 19:21

I have the Black Diamond ultra Distance Z poles. Done my second training run with them today and all is well so far. I can't imagine there being many better out there.

Taking into account the grip, weight, foldability and ease of carrying they were great.

09/03/2014 at 20:37

You might also want to consider the Mountain King Trail Blaze. 

Very light and very compact when folded up. 

an
09/03/2014 at 20:56

I've tried both the Black Diamond ultra distance Z poles and the Mountain King Trail Blazes, and vastly prefer the Black Diamonds. They're much easier to assemble and collapse and the grip is better. Weight is pretty much the same.

an
09/03/2014 at 23:17

I too have the black diamond ones, find them very easy to use and Carey. definitely a recommend.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
181 to 185 of 185 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.