UTMB 2013

Kit list & general hints and tips

4 messages
17/02/2013 at 09:57

Hi all

Got a place in the 2013 UTMB (guaranteed from last year).

Many others got a place and running?

First year out there, have done the Lakeland 100 before so have a general idea what I am in for but was looking for some general kit tips from the more experienced and any general tips re: travel and accommodation.

Then more specifically I was wondering which waterproof gloves to go for and what type of top layer I should go for to cover off on the 180g mandatory kit requirement?

Cheers

Gav

Edited: 17/02/2013 at 09:57
GKD
17/02/2013 at 12:39
Gav there's already a fairly comprehensive thread further along the forum, if there's anything unanswered there feel free to come back and ask again
GKD
17/02/2013 at 12:53

Sorry thought I had done a search will check again.

Cheers

10/03/2013 at 17:24

Couldn't find this in the UTMB thread, so apologies if this has already been answered!

But re: travel :-

1) If I arrive Wed evening will that give me enough time to acclimatise given that the race starts Friday evening

and

2) If I fly back Monday evening late and return to work on Tuesday will that give me enough time to recover? Working on the worst case scenario that I could end up taking the full 46 hours?

Trying to work out how much time I will need to take off work and it is looking unlikely that I can get the Wed before or the following Tuesday off work!

Cheers,

Gav

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.