wannabe ultra runner?

share your ambitions/goals/training here on a 'newbie ultra' thread........

5,701 to 5,720 of 8,276 messages
22/09/2012 at 08:52
I wonder whether ultrasound on the fluid would have helped disperse it too I thought that was the idea of it to get things moving and repairing!
22/09/2012 at 09:10

GOOD LUCK WIB AND ROSEMARY TODAY AT THE BEAST!!

22/09/2012 at 14:54

Touie2 - soudnds very preferential to having the begeebers scared out of you by a needle that looks like it was designed for Elephants. If it flares again will be asking for that first!

WiB
22/09/2012 at 16:50

Rosemary... How did you get on today? I saw someone wearing tribal type rocktape on their achilles. Was that you?

Now onto bursitis. I had it in my knee back in april. After seeign the physio I was told I coudl still run but to stretch my hamstrings well (3 times a day) as they were part of the problem and to ice it after each run to prevent any inflamation from the training. Obviously you will require a different stretch to me but the icing would still apply I guess? I am no doc so obviously a sports physio would be better than me

WiB
22/09/2012 at 17:41

afternoon all....and WIB , a big well done sunshine, you are too modest.;)

Rosemary , did you have a good day too?

well, after a little trip to Cotswold outdoor today, purchase of a new NF hoody and a crap attempt to spell Solemnly...this appeared in my head...its meant in fun and a lighthearted way....

THE ULTRA RUNNERS OATH : one hand on  The North Face catalogue:

I, do Salomonly swear to finish my ultra, let us not linger at the aid stations,

lead us not into temptation to go under the 12 m/mile or unmarked courses

but deliver us from the evils of road races and tarmac,

for shotbloks are the power and the trail is the glory

for ever and ever......

Garmin.

Edited: 22/09/2012 at 17:42
22/09/2012 at 18:34
loulabell wrote (see)

afternoon all....and WIB , a big well done sunshine, you are too modest.;)

Rosemary , did you have a good day too?

well, after a little trip to Cotswold outdoor today, purchase of a new NF hoody and a crap attempt to spell Solemnly...this appeared in my head...its meant in fun and a lighthearted way....

THE ULTRA RUNNERS OATH : one hand on  The North Face catalogue:

I, do Salomonly swear to finish my ultra, let us not linger at the aid stations,

lead us not into temptation to go under the 12 m/mile or unmarked courses

but deliver us from the evils of road races and tarmac,

for shotbloks are the power and the trail is the glory

for ever and ever......

Garmin.

I like it lol

22/09/2012 at 19:03

thank you Touie

22/09/2012 at 19:30

Nice one Lou,..But wouldn't we be better of using Relentless forward progress held in our right hand ?...Best buy of the day, Why We Run A Story of Obsession by Robin Harvie,bought for £1.99 from the works book shop in Doncaster

22/09/2012 at 19:31

Daytrekker, we could indeed hold RFP in our hands to vow

22/09/2012 at 19:32

is that the one where he tells about running the Spartathalon? its good isnt it.....

22/09/2012 at 19:45

That's the one ,only read the first chapter so far,and thought Ive been there and done that,[taking a wrong turn and getting lost].looking forward to sitting down to read more latter

22/09/2012 at 19:48

I couldn't get into that one - ended up giving it away...

22/09/2012 at 21:09

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...i havnt read the whole book i just read a fascinating chapter that was in the Telegraph magazine last year...it really just captivated me, so much that i ripped out the article and ket it...

22/09/2012 at 21:14

I'm sure that's the one - I swapped it for something else about a year ago... I know, Run Like Hell - by Matt Beardshall, which worked out well as I then got to know him online, and went for a run with him earlier in the year!

23/09/2012 at 17:02

Phew, what a weekend!

WiB, seriously,  you are a SUPERSTAR!!!!!!!!!!  I cannot believe that you managed that course in 3.30 and I think you are amazing, I realised after the first lap that even sub-5 would have been a real achievement for me and my road pb is 3.40.  Jesus, my quads are grumbling today.  I can honestly say that this was the hardest marathon I have done - Beachy's not as tough, because the hills are spread out and short and sharp. 

23/09/2012 at 17:03

Lou, loving the ultra marathoners pledge of allegiance

23/09/2012 at 17:49

WiB yes, I had the tattoo style rock-tape.  Alastair, I also wore compression capris and thankfully I didn't have any problem with the bursitis, but it does seem as though as it's a fairly common problem - another one to work one!!!!

WiB
23/09/2012 at 19:18

Cheers Rosemary Well done for getting the job done. Some running in the Lakes has taught me to look after my quads! It was a tougher course than I expected. I loved the run through the forest though. Shame it was only a short bit. Good fun though.

I did see you on one of the laps then running along the bottom part after dropping down the first hill at the start of the lap just before crossing over that little road. You had an inov8 bag on too I think? I had my ultraspire vest and a hand held bottle. Shame I didn't spot you at the start or before to say hello.

WiB
WiB
23/09/2012 at 21:16

Results are up Rosemary. Hopefully some pics soon too.

WiB
23/09/2012 at 21:41

Was it a bird, was it a plane nope just WIB at warp speed! Well done bud, hope the swag was good!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.