wannabe ultra runner?

share your ambitions/goals/training here on a 'newbie ultra' thread........

6,461 to 6,480 of 8,237 messages
29/11/2012 at 17:40

I have been running!  Every day this week so far, long one tomorrow hopefully. All frosty and cold up here and yesterday I got snowed and sleeted on

30/11/2012 at 07:54

OI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slaneuk, how are you? recovering well? *offers tea and sympathy*

30/11/2012 at 13:55

All cuts, grazes, abrasions and mega-chafes seemed to be healing nicely. Still have some niggle on the side of my knee which I'm resting for the moment. But not too worried at the moment as my weekly mileage says i've done 101

I'll take that cuppa, two sugars please 

30/11/2012 at 15:22
Debra Bourne wrote (see)

carteurusm. Sounds good. Do remember to give yourself time to recover after a race. Also, you may want to prioritise - which ones are your "big" races and which are your ones to enjoy or treat as training runs on the way to other races (e.g. Croydon 30 was a training run five weeks before NDW50, for me this year).

Debra. They are fairly spaced out throught the year so hoepfully will have plenty of time for recovery. I think my 2 biggies are Manchester in April and Ladybower in September. Sounds like good advice to use the others as training runs and just enjoy them. Cheers

30/11/2012 at 15:38

Im back finally running after my injury, chest infection and my head being up my arse,

Plans at the moment are Malvern on 4 May and Cotswalds century 21 Sept. 

Do you think I could handle a couple in between?

Better post this is Whats next too before the forum police moan!

30/11/2012 at 16:38
Forum police don't moan, they just push yer down the stairs cut into hills and blame non-runners
30/11/2012 at 17:36

more tea slaneuk?

30/11/2012 at 18:09

I'm so farrrrr removed from being a vicar you wouldnt believe it 

30/11/2012 at 19:21

me too

30/11/2012 at 22:06

Time for what is becoming a random appearance by me. Running a 50km fat ass in the morning with about 5 others. Looking like a cold and bright day so looking forward to it. Hopefully the frost will keep all the water frozen on the ground and out of my shoes

My training and nutrition are all over the place right now. So looking forward to the run tomorrow and some honest graft on the trails

01/12/2012 at 13:21

oh dear ultra next weekend and I have a stomach bug! Whats easy to digest that will keep my energy reserves up???

01/12/2012 at 13:27

Get yourself better first and your body will sort out the food. few good carbs like porridge etc by thurs/fri will soon boost up your reserves

01/12/2012 at 16:29

touie2: try live yoghurt to help repopulate the gut with "healthy" micro-organisms.

01/12/2012 at 17:32

thanks, I've got loads of actavia's that need eating by monday!!!

03/12/2012 at 21:23

LLB - thought I'd better come back here and chat rather than on the report page ... just chuckled about your comment about being sent out for talking, that was me ... all reports said I could do sooooo much better if I put as much effort into my work as I did talking, any detentions were for talking, they even tried sitting me next to really unpleasant members of the class - guess what - I still talked!! Oh my ... I was a nightmare

touie2 - hope the bug goes. Slaneuk is right, your body will sort you out! I did Clarendon Way marathon a couple of years ago after a bug the previous weekend, don't think I ate until the Wednesday but was fine on the day

03/12/2012 at 22:12

yayyyyy cragc, we are back here on our 'homethread'...im staying here now after me you and Lirish caused trouble on the report thread-sorry Ben- i just like mischief!!

yes i can remember my first term in year1 at secondary school, i got sent out of a sponsered silenceahem. and im sure if i stopped chattering when running id move a bit faster too

04/12/2012 at 00:05

Doing White Shore 50.. First one, headache about the mandatory kit.. Rain jacket especially

still thinking which shoe to buy with

04/12/2012 at 09:05

But if you stopped chatting, we wouldnt be able to hear you approaching the aid stations.....from two miles away 

WiB
04/12/2012 at 09:08
Eldred Lee wrote (see)

Doing White Shore 50.. First one, headache about the mandatory kit.. Rain jacket especially

still thinking which shoe to buy with

I am not sure if you can use shoes as currency?

WiB
04/12/2012 at 09:13

I dunno WiB, what about "The Shoe People"? I bet they have some shoe-based money over there. Or maybe Bruce Willis in 'Die Hard' would have traded a lot for a pair of shoes that were bigger than his sister's feet :P

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.