wannabe ultra runner?

share your ambitions/goals/training here on a 'newbie ultra' thread........

6,821 to 6,840 of 8,321 messages
16/01/2013 at 14:06
spen71 wrote (see)

NB TRAINERS!!!!!!

please dont ignore me, sorry if i upset you all with my talk of backpacks.

I have no exp of NB trainers so cant help!

WiB wrote (see)

forget the biscuit I think we could get him with a snowball

Edited: 16/01/2013 at 14:07
WiB
16/01/2013 at 14:08
slaneuk wrote (see)

Someone throw WiB a biscuit, he's nodding off - prefarably one smothered in marmite 

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/511696/gallery/brokenrecord.jpg?width=350

WiB
16/01/2013 at 14:11

See you found one all ready..... but they skimped on the blackstuff in the middle 

16/01/2013 at 14:33

is that liquorice?

16/01/2013 at 14:49

ankle sprain, gotta stop trainng for a while, that really sucks

16/01/2013 at 15:03

well look on the positive side EL, gives your body some rest time to recover more

16/01/2013 at 15:07

well walk around enjoy the snow.. it's snowing here in canterbury, any other place is snowing right now?

hopefully it will recover by the week

16/01/2013 at 17:34

WIB- ginger cake instead ??

spen- ive never had NB trainers , so cant help really. which sort are you going for?

16/01/2013 at 17:49

I need some with support.  Ive become flat footed in my leg foot!

16/01/2013 at 17:50

I know some people that use superfeet insoles which just fit into any neutral shoe

16/01/2013 at 17:58

tried them and ended up injured. 

PS LLB tried to Pm you

16/01/2013 at 19:06

become flat foot, that's something new for me.

my arch is very low toom consider myself flat footer..

I like NB trainers, have few pairs of them 

16/01/2013 at 20:17

I never used to be but the instep has collapsed

16/01/2013 at 22:41
Have to say spen that whilst you can buy alsorts of insoles, if its that bad you'd probably need to see a qualified podiatrist and get some made. General rule is if you can squash them between your hands they're bloody useless!! (Makes sense if you think about it for what they do, but you'd be surprised what people will spend good money on!!!)
19/01/2013 at 16:29

for goodness sake-where is everyone???? have you all got lost in the snow?...WIB? Cragc? tiago?spen? rocker? ali?

19/01/2013 at 16:43

I'm here LLB, just thinking the same ... not lost in the snow but certainly enjoying it only one arse over tit moment all week, had to be in front of the yummy lady and her golden lab I pass most mornings though, me in tights bad enough, me in tights arse over tit is more than any lady should have to bear before breakfast!

On matters more important, I am in total awe of The Spine Runners, totally inspiring. Specific shout out to Richard Lendon (Rich1) sometimes of these pages, I nattered with him a little on a forum before my first ultra, his too I think, that he has gone on to a finish and finish joint 5th at The Spine is testament to his commitment, one tough hombre indeed! 

How are you LLB, training going well? When is your next outing?

19/01/2013 at 16:49

wowee that is a tough run to complete never mind 5th place!!!!! excellent news Ali!

im ok, that made me laugh imagining you trying to compose after your slippy moment en run lol.

my traininghas been non-existent due to recent events - having to get out wheni can but its never a big enough time slot! was meant to be doing Tanners tomorrow with rosemary, WIB etc but thats off now s my next event is NDW50 but i think i will try and get to do Compton40 in April, wanted to do it last year but found out too late.

how about you?

19/01/2013 at 16:50

Ive been snowman making and snow running, zonked now

19/01/2013 at 16:51

ive been out driving in snow that was fun and i quite like it-drying out wet clothes from daughter in snow

will attempt to escape and get out tomorrow...feel a trip to cotswold outdoor coming on...havnt been in for a few weeks and im getting withdrawal symotoms.....!!

19/01/2013 at 17:04

LLB - Struggling for training time too and paying the price for taking xmas off both running and my usual healthy eating so carrying more than a little extra timber!

Very charming off-road marathon end of Feb, Belvoir Challenge, walk or run event in aid of local school; cheap entry, home made cakes all the way round, soup followed by crumble at the end, perfect.

Ultra-wise first half of year not too sure will see how I feel about Hardmoors 55 pretty much in the week before the event, not completely thrown off the hamstring injury that caused me to dnf at Hardmors 60, other than that will put on a FatAss in the Peak District in April with 14 mile and 50KM options and of course Dukeries Ultra in May, it being on my door step.

Edited: 19/01/2013 at 17:06
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.