wannabe ultra runner?

share your ambitions/goals/training here on a 'newbie ultra' thread........

8,161 to 8,169 of 8,169 messages
21/03/2016 at 10:27

BT - unlucky, maybe next time.

Tricialitt - great stuff so soon after your race, you must be in good shape.

Debra - well done indeed, it must feel great to be back.

LNandB - terrifically well done. What a brutal route that was, especially the climb after Scugdale and then the 3 sisters. After a bit of investigating I can remember seeing you a few times in the early miles and we kept passing each other, although I didn't realize it was you at the time. You should feel proud to finish that race and it is great preparation for L100.

I had to pull out at Clay Bank (34 miles) as my ITB decided to pack up after that climb up Carlton Bank. I then had to walk about 4 miles over the 3 sisters and my knee was getting worse and worse, it took me about 2 hours to cover those 4 miles and the descents in places were really hard going. I'm absolutely gutted as I was going really well; at Osmotherley checkpoint (22 miles) I was about 25 minutes ahead of my plan and feeling pretty good. Back to the drawing board...

21/03/2016 at 14:31

Very bad timing booktrunk. Hope the asthma sorts itself out quickly and you can get back on track.

Sorry to hear you had a bad run carterusm. It is definitely a tough run, especially the patch from Osmotherley to Clay Bank where the climbs, and perhaps worse, the descents, just keep on coming. Hope you recover quickly.

22/03/2016 at 21:56

Hi, can anyone advise me - looking at the qualification for the UTMB and it states 9 points (15 new points). What does it mean by "new points"?

22/03/2016 at 22:31

15 points in the new scheme they are bringin in. the gnurlier the event the more the points,.. Or some such rubbish

23/03/2016 at 12:37

Ah thanks booktrunk. Will check out the new scheme. Cheers

01/05/2016 at 13:28

Just staggering out of bed after running the "fling" ( Hoka Highland fling to give it it's full name). Fantastic race- 53 miles of the west Highland way, Milngavie to Tyndrum. THe vast majority is on hilly/ undulating trail, with a lochside section that is so reomte that you have to either take a boat, or drive about 90 miles to it. Features of the race include: Wild goats ( which smell terrible), Cow- poo alley ( as it sounds!- treacherous underfoot after abtou 45 miles), a red-carpet finish, bottle of bubbly in the finish bag, beer and ceilidh at the finish line.

I had a great day- the last 12 miles or so were a struggle, but happy now, set a PB, didn't come last, and no chafing, toenails all still attached.....................bring on the next one!

01/05/2016 at 18:29

tricialitt, well done you! Sounds amazing.

01/05/2016 at 22:01

Well done Tricia great running 

Edited: 01/05/2016 at 22:01
Yesterday at 19:34
Hey Tricialitt that's fab ! I followed it on FB in between tracking people on TP100! Glad you had a great run !
I did Sdw 3 weeks ago , a fabulous route , I too have all my toenails , no blisters & a new 50 mile PB
Roll on ndw 50 in 2 weekends

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8,161 to 8,169 of 8,169 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.