Western States 100

Hydration issues cause big suffer-fest.

21 to 23 of 23 messages
14/07/2009 at 15:12

My bro raced with him on the Sahara Race in the Racing the planet series and said he was an OK guy, not as full as Ultramarathon man makes him out to be (all that "Sure, I was ripped, with less body fat than lance Armstrong" nonsense)

He didn't win that either!

16/07/2009 at 00:02
Oh, I remember reading about the snowshoe (promoted as easier) and running shoe (promoted as harder) categories in his book. Dean won the running shoe race. It's about that, is it? Hmm. I wonder how many runners there were in the running shoe category?
16/07/2009 at 09:11
lol, one, and it didn't exist at all until the other bloke won anyway, despite karnazes' team closing all the aid stations before he reached them in order to make him dnf.  and then the canadian court ruled that they couldn't change the rules retroospectively after the race finished, just because cheater crybaby karnazes couldn't live up to his hype.  he is the running equivalent of "Girls Out Loud" - got a modicum of talent enough to perform adequately (but there are plenty of much, much better people around), looks good to impressionable chavs, and has a world class PR hype machine.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.