Winter 100

121 to 140 of 244 messages
09/11/2012 at 21:19

Hows the piece of string work? Does it start at the same time as the W100?

Ham sandwiches Lingster, I love ham sandwiches..

NBD
12/11/2012 at 12:26

POS is starting some time after 11 pm on the Friday 23rd - no idea of distance or time limit so why specify a start time up front?  I guess there will be some overlap of courses and certainly at the hall but then I could be completely wrong - oh , the excitement of it all!

WiB
12/11/2012 at 12:38

Because the people running it have to have a vague idea of when to be at the start area!

WiB
12/11/2012 at 22:22

The entry fee for the POS is interesting. If its proportional to the W100 the the POS should be a 3mile sprint but then again I suspect a Malicious Streak in the organisers .The whole concept is incredibly devious. Its possible that the whole thing is run just to give the W100 runners a nice warm feeling that others are having a worse time than them.

12/11/2012 at 22:50
Well that concept is lost on me tbh Ian. For all I know it might be to let them do the W100 on the cheap I wouldn't feel happy that someone was having a worse time than me on the run but then again I'll probably be a bit tired to notice on the day
Dark Vader    pirate
13/11/2012 at 07:13

I love the marketing for the POS - The Worlds Most Pointless Ultra     Genius!!

It's going to be a good weekend for sure.

14/11/2012 at 15:51

Looks like I am out - metatarsalgia in right foot - damm painful

Will not run until late next week to see if it has cleared up at all and worth giving it a go

Anyone think that Hokas might help?

GKD
16/11/2012 at 21:10
Any word on the injury Veggie? I think Dill tried Hokas recently, may be worth a pm to him?
Looks like I'm in, little more treatment this weekend and next week but if nothing else happens I'll at least make the start line. You get a t shirt for starting right?
GKD
16/11/2012 at 21:17
Nah, I think u get them at the end

But good news about you making the start line. Now if you can bring the sunshine that would be a double bonus, long range says rain due Saturday!
WiB
16/11/2012 at 21:45

Good news Lirish... I will prepare some words of encouragement for the early hours

WiB
16/11/2012 at 21:57

Another physio session for me tonight and a deeply painful calf massage. All good though. Achilles feeling good so ready to rock n roll. Race day beckons.

Veggie i do love my Hokas but i've had to ditch mine for this race. Too flat and aggravate my Achilles. They are fantastic at lessoning the impact on your joints, not sure if they'd help your foot. Probably too late to try. Hope you get yourself sorted.

Please no rain.. Cold but not rain...

GKD
16/11/2012 at 21:59
So if I just turn up at the end I'll get one
There's little chance I'll make it into the early hours WiB, unusually for me I'm planning to pull out before I make a complete mess of myself, I'm hoping for at least one leg but we'll see
GKD
WiB
16/11/2012 at 22:23

Get yourself taped up with some Rocktape mate and you'll be good for another 3 legs after the first.

WiB
GKD
16/11/2012 at 22:41
Have thought about that but is it any good for a groin strain/hernia? Need to do some googling maybe
GKD
WiB
16/11/2012 at 23:32

I'm sold on it Lirish, have found it helps me a lot. I am unsure of how it would work on a hernia but certainly worth a look as to if there is any benefit I would say.

WiB
pmo
17/11/2012 at 07:30

Does anyone know how the course conditions? Looks like heavy rain early in the week, then some drizzle through the weekend - could be worse

+1 for Rocktape - it keeps you running when you should really be in traction.. Not sure how you'd tape for a hernia though. I'm sure youtube will have a few suggestions though

pmo
GKD
17/11/2012 at 12:11
Cheers guys, anyone know where it's available in shops or is it online only?
GKD
pmo
17/11/2012 at 13:42

Ive never seen it in the shops, but the delivery is pretty fast from www.rocktape.net

pmo
18/11/2012 at 19:22

lol, in theory I'm supposed to know all about the Rocktape/Kinesio tape thingie. Its one of those things where the powers-that-be like to think its a panacea for everything. I would guess that you would be looking at supporting the muscles surrounding the hernia to stimulate the healing process. However, I think its effect would be more psychological rather than physical. Dont get me wrong, it has some good points - its excellent for healing bruises. And it may be good for cutting down blister generation on long runs (well I'll soon know if thats the case next week ) If you are going to the race, come and have a chat with me at the start (black tites + grey x-over rucksack)

On a more positive note, by this time next week, we'd all have finished the W100......yehhhhh in advance

18/11/2012 at 20:45

If  it does rain then drizzle then we will have puddles. Do they get very deep on the course ? I normally wear fast draining shoes so no problem but have been using Inov8 rocklite 318s as I like the support on long ultras. Problem is the Inovates are gortex and I don,t fancy shoes filled with water. I am also too mean to pay £30 more for the non gortex 305,s.

Edited: 18/11/2012 at 20:46
121 to 140 of 244 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.