Would you like some FatAss Action?

41 to 45 of 45 messages
27/11/2012 at 19:17
Hi I am interested in the peak district one when ready excellent ideas about cars in the middle
27/11/2012 at 19:48

R Belcher - Awesome, will get out over xmas to find the second loop.

04/12/2012 at 22:46

I started building a website which would allow people to register and add/join events.  Having nearly got a working site together I thought it would be best to check the legal/insurance side of things and the advice i've been given is that either I or the organiser could, in theory be held liable for injury during an event.  The upshot is that there would be considerable cost involved for insurance and written waivers/t&c's etc.

Does anyone on here have any knowledge on this?

I'm based South London so get out to run along the NDW when I can - be interested in a run along there sometime...

04/12/2012 at 23:24
Tom, I may be able to help on the insurance side if you pm me your email. I don't see that the nature of a fatass type event causes major problems - the concept is not dissimilar to a group of friends meeting up for a run. Taking payment would complicate things because you create contractual issues, and so would someone who is completely out of their depth. The last TP100 had some serious weather problems and several people ended up in hospital but I'm not aware of any claims. Life always involves some risk....
04/12/2012 at 23:36
Sure it does! I don't think it generically would be an issue with the type of individuals who would involve themselves in such events, however it might not always be their choice if their medical insurance required them to pursue to make their claim. I'll be in touch.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 45 of 45 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.