wye ultra

anyone doing/done it

8 messages
seren nos    pirate
07/03/2012 at 14:55
can't believe its this saturday...anyone from here doing it.....reading the info its not as easy as I was hoping for......
GKD
07/03/2012 at 15:46
Was thinking of it Seren but not sure my hip flexor is up to it. Lots of time for the MCN guys though really well organised races
GKD
seren nos    pirate
07/03/2012 at 17:26
all the race reports of the other races i have read have been good......just hope that i am up to it as since christmas have changed my emphasis from running to cycling.......hope it doesn't have too much affect on my completion of the course....

hope your hip sorts itself soon
08/03/2012 at 16:23

Yes - I'm doing it

So - it's an early start on Saturday - coaches from the finish at 05:45! Hopefully it's a little less challenging underfoot than the MCN Brecon 40 in December.

I'm using it as a training run for Fellsman and then onto my first 100-miler in August, (NDW100) so won't be breaking any speed records - probably somewhere around 10.5 - 11.5 hours for me.

Good luck, here's hoping the weather is good!

seren nos    pirate
08/03/2012 at 17:15
has anyone who has done it done the likeys beacons challenge or the lakeland 50...just so i can get an idea of the race for comparison

GeeM..you will be a lot faster than me.and yes an early start....had better set my alarm early
GKD
12/03/2012 at 14:49
How'd it go Seren?
GKD
seren nos    pirate
12/03/2012 at 15:24
it was a brilliantly organised event........ a small field and they mainly seemed to be quick ones.....

but met up with a couple of runners which made the day and especially the evening more enjoyable....

a lovely route which was spoiled a little in the morning by fog on the peaks but lovely views around the lakes and in the afternoon.......

I unfortunately suffered again from blisters on the bottom of my feet which made every step painful and as I tensed up i caused problems with my legs muscles and so suffering now......no problems before last july and no every time i am blistering......will have to sort that out....

a bridge was out around mile 42 which meant a detour......that part was hard as the path was narrow and awkward and there were loads of stiles to hurt the legs...but again well marked and couldn't be helped......

so yes I would thoroughly recommend the series to anyone as the checkpoints were well manned and helpful and the directions were very well done........

GKD
13/03/2012 at 13:11
Well done seren, sounds like you had an emotional day
GKD

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.