Training help

1 message
11/03/2012 at 08:42

Hi all i've been running for a while now, not that long under a year, and i quickly built up to doing 3.5 miles to 4 miles (i consider myself a bit fit before i started)

My main goals are to get fitter, and lose weight.. (got the exercise part right lately. but damn why do i love food so much!)

i think i've been maybe doing a little to much however. my legs have felt like they're not there a few times- plus i've come down with a stinking cold now, i wondered why my run on friday was so bad! i had to walk most of the way!

Every now and again i chuck in a 10k, i did 7 miles last week without walking at all, ok my legs felt like they was going to drop off, but i was really happy with that.

i've been averaging at 4'45 KM

Any training advice would be really helpful, as to be honest i'm not sure what i'm doing.

My PB so far is 5k 22,49 10k 49'46, is that decent at all?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.