Annoying addon strip thingy!

Numpty question

5 messages
26/10/2007 at 00:01

All night i have been getting one of those strip messages across the top of the page asking me to "add adobe flash blahblah "

so i click on it and get "install active x" control and click on it and then a couple of minutes later its back and its slowing up the page laoding

I know its probably down to my firewall/browsersettings blahblah but its bliddy annoying

has the site changed or do i need to do something to my settings - i just want to get rid of it - how do i do it?

I thank you

Daniel Benson.    pirate
26/10/2007 at 00:20

Hey Buney,

I don't think we've added anything new to the site in the last few hours. We did upload a new banner yesterday afternoon though. We'll look into that.

Does the pop up only appear when you're using RW?

Dan RW

26/10/2007 at 00:31

That happend to me earlier after every post

I just ticked the don't show me this again box

26/10/2007 at 17:14

yes-no probs on other sites (like i go any where else ..much)

i havent had the dont show me again box

just Install Active X

ive got Windows erm XP if that helps

im sure it may be a security setting on my pc - just need to know how to get it to bugger off as the site is now running quite slowly  

26/10/2007 at 18:19

As with Buney.

Am really fed up with it now.

<<throws coffee mug at computer>>

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.