Let people know

6 messages
02/11/2011 at 21:04

Dear RW Towers,

On an extremely regular basis, new forum members are posting that they've spent ages, getting very frustrated, trying to upload an avatar only for it to not appear and they don't understand what they are doing wrong.

Is it possible to add a note to the profile page, advising users that any new avatar needs to be approved by RW staff, before going live and that it should appear in a couple of days?

It would save a lot of time and frustration for users.

Ta,

Saffy

03/11/2011 at 08:14
If you did'nt have strict approval then people could just put a picture up of their pussy or something!!
03/11/2011 at 12:54

I agree that the avatars should be approved, but as Saffy says, let users know that this is the case instead of showing the image upload box and allowing users to upload an image and then nothing happens.

A simple line stating that there is an approval process would suffice.

14/11/2011 at 10:23

Hi all,

With regard to the pictures, we are taking a look at the member join process at the moment and I agree it's deeply unhelpful not to explain the upload/approval process properly. This is on the list of stuff to improve! 

With regard to races, it takes 24 hours to get the listing live and then a couple of working days to get the online entry details back from Accounts. KK if you let me know the name of the race and if you're still waiting I will have a firm word with Accounts and chase it for you. This is another process that currently takes ages and we're working on streamlining.

Thanks,

Alice

14/11/2011 at 12:11
Do you need volunteers to help out? I love to do it!
11/02/2012 at 15:05
I'm still waiting for mine to be approved and that's been a couple of months since I tried changing mine!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.