Christmas/New Year service

A festive service update from RW Towers

10 messages
16/12/2011 at 10:34

Hi chaps,

Just a quick note on here to let you all know about service on the site and forums over the Christmas/New Year period. We're on leave from Tuesday December 20 - Tuesday January 3 so will be operating a reduced service - we will be checking essential services like spam alerts/user pics/new events every few days rather than throughout the day.

Queries to our support email inboxes will be answered when we return in the New Year.

The winners list for the Advent Calendar competition will be updated at the end of this week and then with all remaining winners on January 3.

All our newsletters - Spring Marathon, RW Latest and the Weight Loss newsletter - will pop into your inboxes as normal!

Apologies that we can't offer a full service throughout the festive period - we are a small team and need a few days' quality time with mince pies!

Merry Christmas to all on the forum - and thank you for another year of good chat, asking great questions in the forum Q&As and generally keeping us on our toes!

Alice

16/12/2011 at 10:43

Alice,

Before you all go on leave, will Jj and my questions in Debbo's thread be answered, and the missing avatars?  It's another thread in this section. 

We know you are a small team but a bit more dialogue from RW would go along way And if RW had come up with a way for some users to clear spam etc as we've talked about, you'd have even less work to come back to.

Edited: 16/12/2011 at 10:53
16/12/2011 at 10:58

Hi LN, sorry if we didn't communicate this - we are looking into the missing avatars right now. We had a build last week that caused quite a few problems, and we're trying to mop them up as they appear.

Thanks,

Alice

16/12/2011 at 11:00

Alice,

The avatar issue was communicated but further questions were asked that could do with a response Tech issues seem to be taking even longer to resolve and whilst that's not your fault, the communication from the tech team also seems to be taking longer. And you know I don't even think I should have had to add my questions above. 

Edited: 16/12/2011 at 11:11
mcs
16/12/2011 at 13:24
Cheers Alice enjoy your mince pies!!! Great site..........
16/12/2011 at 23:15
Perhaps the tech team should intergrate the api from stopforumspam into the forum as it can assist massively with the reduction of spam and would give you more time to enjoy the break.

http://www.stopforumspam.com/

Merry xmas though Alice
Edited: 16/12/2011 at 23:18
17/12/2011 at 11:04
happy xmas to all at RW
17/12/2011 at 11:08

Merry Christmas Alice.  Don't eat too many of those mince pies and where are ours? <looks underneath keyboard but nothing there>

21/12/2011 at 11:11
Squeakz wrote (see)
Perhaps the tech team should intergrate the api from stopforumspam into the forum as it can assist massively with the reduction of spam and would give you more time to enjoy the break. http://www.stopforumspam.com/ Merry xmas though Alice
Interesting idea, though perhaps a fast-moving target. Another forum I frequent simply lets users "Mark as spam" with a click. 5 of those and a post is moved away from the main forum and into a queue for approval. It works really really well. PM if you want more details.
21/12/2011 at 11:50
Have a great Christmas RW team and thanks for all your efforts over the last 12 months

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.