Current issues with RW

1 to 20 of 382 messages
23/07/2013 at 11:06

Morning everyone,

I'm going be completely up front, I couldn't agree more with most of the things said here regarding issues on the forum. I certainly don't want to be posting on here about developments that I'm assured are working and will benefit the users of the site and forum and for these changes to prove to be otherwise. It looks sloppy. 

Not only does this anger you guys, it create a huge amount of extra work for us here and it damages the reputation of RW and this is incredibly frustrating for everyone who works here and who represents the brand. 

I can only try and reassure you that we're all aiming towards the same common goal; we want the site to be a good as possible so that everyone can enjoy using it. I'm very aware that this isn't the case for some of you and that is something we need to fix.

However, as this is the place for complaining, I'm going to join in. Tone down the abuse. I get that you're pissed off that certain things aren't working correctly, it's frustrating, but if you feel the need to come on here to just swear at us and call us names, then perhaps take 5 minutes away from your computer. Constructive criticism is more than welcome. 

I sure this message might be too little too late for some of you and for that I'm sorry, but the fact that you all feel so passionately about the site and this forum is something that we're very thankful for and the current state of play isn't benefitting anyone, so I can only promise you (once again) that we are working to bring you an enjoyable user experience. 

Thanks,

Ben

Pudge    pirate
23/07/2013 at 11:17

Any clue as to why the site is being so rubbish at the moment then?

23/07/2013 at 11:19

Why do you not make announcements like this on your HOMEPAGE and give updates on the HOMEPAGE too?

Why can you be sure that forumites  tryng to access this message will not get the "Oooooops" response? If you can avoid that response why can the rest of us not avoid it?

Really why would your advertisers' use your site when they can see how potential customers are treated so poorly?

23/07/2013 at 11:35

Ben, without the vehemence of the swearing and abuse you wouldn't capture quite how much it means, and you would simply ignore it and brush it under the carpet, as has been done previously.

The vitriol is only in a direct response to the complete apathy shown by RW \ Immediate Media, as we are all well aware that if we 'raise things through the normal channels' it is just summarily ignored.

So I'm afraid you only have yourselves to blame, and whats even worse, is that a precedent has now been set, in that it is patently obvious that in order to get a frank admission of shite service and something done about it we have to kick off.

But as for your original post then thanks for the honesty its appreciated and a step in the right direction, but only a first step mind, still a very long way to go.

23/07/2013 at 11:36

I remember reading a post about a week ago in which they had said it had been 10 days since anyone from RW had posted about these issues. that would make it about 2 weeks of lots of things going wrong and no response. while we might not expect daily updates it kind of destroys the myth that this site is from runners, about runners when the people running it only poke their head through the door once every couple of weeks. Lets be honest your entire reply could be boiled down to 'Im in the dark just like you are and have not a clue as to the timescale of when these issues will be fixed.' You might as well have said nothing at all.

23/07/2013 at 11:39
Martenkay wrote (see)

Why do you not make announcements like this on your HOMEPAGE and give updates on the HOMEPAGE too?

Why can you be sure that forumites  tryng to access this message will not get the "Oooooops" response? If you can avoid that response why can the rest of us not avoid it?

Really why would your advertisers' use your site when they can see how potential customers are treated so poorly?

This.

It's much more proactive to put this kind of message on the hompage where everyone can see it.

Can I also ask, as per my request yesterday, why you don't give us a bit more detail as to what the problems are? "Working on it" is a standard response that doesn't butter any parsnips. It's what we've been getting for weeks while the site has been actively deteriorating.

I accept you're front-facing and have to take a lot of flak Ben - IMO the IT guys hiding behind you need to come and talk to us.

Can you at least give us some timescales? It would help.

23/07/2013 at 11:42

Why should the IT guys explain anything to us?

Pudge    pirate
23/07/2013 at 11:42

Come on Ben, come and butter Screamas parsnips.. 

23/07/2013 at 11:45

Morning Ben. Marten & Screamy are right - plenty of forum users probably don't even know about the 'website bugs' section, as there isn't a tab for it and you have to scroll right down the main forums page. Perhaps there could be an announcement at the top of 'General Running' or something. Otherwise there'll be another load of new threads wondering what's going on and if anyone's noticed.

23/07/2013 at 11:48
Intermanaut wrote (see)

Why should the IT guys explain anything to us?

Because there needs to be some explanation as to why, in the course of all these "improvements" things are actually getting worse.

If there's no staging/test environment (wich there doesn't seem to be) the least they could do is inform us when they're working on something that might caue some sort of problem or outage.

It's what other websites do as a matter of courtesy - The IT guys in my company wouldn't be able to go home in the evening and leave stuff broken!

Pudge wrote (see)

brilliant!

Pudge - for a laugh can you post on this thread. want to see if the same thing happens.

23/07/2013 at 11:51
stujones wrote (see)
Pudge wrote (see)

brilliant!

Sorry Pudge, too busy replying to Intermanaut - yes that was funny 

Pudge    pirate
23/07/2013 at 11:51
Mr A nonymous wrote (see)

Pudge - for a laugh can you post on this thread. want to see if the same thing happens.

I already have, but it's still accessible.  Only seems to happen sporadically now for some reason.

23/07/2013 at 11:52

Homepage posting is a good idea, thanks for that. 

Bruce - don't confuse a lack of response to a forum thread as apathy, we're working on all issues all the time and though we'd love to have as much time as you guys seem to have on the forum, we don't. As for shite service, well, this website is free to use, it is not compulsory to use it and if you feel that you're not getting what you deserve from it, then I'm not sure there will be anything we can do to change that. 

Mr A Nonymous - saying nothing wouldn't have helped. 

Screama - I would love to butter your parsnips. A more transparent timelime might be useful, but Intermanaut is right, the IT guys aren't going to come on here and talk to you. That's not how it works, I'm afraid you're stuck talking to me. 

Edited: 23/07/2013 at 11:53
23/07/2013 at 11:53

haha true. yeah quite wierd. do you feel guilty at all? lol

Pudge    pirate
23/07/2013 at 11:56

Why should I feel guilty?  I'm just trying to use the forum like everybody else.

I have rights you know!

23/07/2013 at 11:58
Ben RW wrote (see)

As for shite service, well, this website is free to use, it is not compulsory to use it and if you feel that you're not getting what you deserve from it, then I'm not sure there will be anything we can do to change that. 

What about those of us who subscribe to your magazine ?

Pudge    pirate
23/07/2013 at 11:59
Ben RW wrote (see)

Screama - I would love to butter your parsnips. A more transparent timelime might be useful, but Intermanaut is right, the IT guys aren't going to come on here and talk to you. That's not how it works, I'm afraid you're stuck talking to me. 

In fairness, I do get why the IT bods aren't going to come out.

On the brightside though Screams, Ben has made you a very kind offer there.

23/07/2013 at 11:59

That was an interesting reply to Bruce. It kinda came off as 'its a free site, if you dont like it p... off' . Guess thats one approach to customer relations.

1 to 20 of 382 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.